[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to figure the Robert Meachem signing

Cowboyz1

Now I get that he was the most productive in NO but for him to suck so badly in SD is it that Toon and Stills aren't even close to ready? Or is it the devil you know sort of thing. I mean Meachem has been sorry most of his career if not hurt.

I always look at moves like this and trying to get into the teams head a little. Just don't figure this one. I get that some teams have better coaching and a player can excel in one systems while failing in another. But that doesn't explain all the disdain for him while he was in NO leading to his release and now bringing him back.

Just seems to me that they would get at least as much out of Toon and Stills without stifling their progress with a Robert Meachem who is more apt to breakdown then breakout.

I said this in the Toon thread but can reiterate here...

Joe Morgan's done and Meachem used to be the homerun hitter.

Stills has SOME deep speed but bringing in Meachem on the cheap means they get a guy that can make plays downfield (even with his speed deteriorated) who is comfortable with the system.

Like I said before, I'm not adjusting any rankings (dynasty or redraft) for either Stills/Toon based on this signing.

Edited by darin3