[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Vetoed

T-Scorp

In a competitive league it should never be vetoed. In my league somebody traded Ridley for Bernard earlier this year and everyone harped that Ridley was a 2nd round pick and Bernard was an 8th or 9th, but now the guy who got Bernard is looking better off. He told me then he saw big things from Bernard this year and felt like he made a mistake drafting Ridley so high.

Now if it is a fun league and the rules were designed to avoid experienced players taking advantage of newcomers, then its fine to veto if enough members of the league protested it on these grounds. The league should have clear veto rules and those should be followed. If there are no clear rules, get some for next season.

Thanks for all the responses. I did have him look at your replies but he was still convinced the Rodgers/White team was being fleeced.

He did give me my money back and there are no hard feelings. I guess he is going to run the team to the end as I also discovered he is runnning another team whose owner left our company.

Oh well.....

10 team league NPPR standard scoring. $20 entry fee. 1st year "work" league.

Aaron Rodgers and Roddy White for Andrew Luck and Julius Thomas.

Commish stated that it was unfair as Rodgers and White were 1st and 3rd round picks while Luck was 10th and Thomas was FA.

No collusion suspected just felt owner was being taken advantage of and if allowed league would not be fun.

Aslo stated "If you ask anyone who knows anything about fantasy football they will all agree that this trade is no where close to being fair"

I told him I would post here as there are many who have FF knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I personally wouldn't make that trade, but you can't legislate against stupidity. You have to let managers manage. Absent collusion, the trade has to stand even though some owners will not like a strong team getting stronger.

Let him pay all the entry fees and he can make the decisions for all of the teams.

If I paid for my team, and somebody thought they were so smart they could run my team for me, I would get my money back and be out of the league immediately. I have pulled off many trades that the league didn't agree with, and usually came out on top.

Edited by Seahawks21