[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What round do you take Josh Gordon in?

Irish27

seen him go around round 6. if its a keeper then i think that area is good, if its re draft and u believe he wont be gone for the year and an 8 game suspension at most i think the 7th round is acceptable. i am not drafting him but dont hate on others for drafting him. if he plays half the season you then have a top 5 or 10 WR for the end of the year and playoffs..

• Like 1

i'm staying away overall, unless i feel my team is so bad that i may need a miracle later. there is so much in flux with the QB position and with gordon out of the fold for so long, it's hard to see him coming back so strong that you would spend any kind of a mid-round pick on him. late/last round flyer at best.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm staying away too unless he's still there in the 15th round. Keeper league maybe 8th for me, because if he does get suspended for a year, I'm not sure he's the type personality to come back at all, let alone to the standard he set last year. If he only gets 8 games he'll be a great addition in the playoff push, but that risk is nowhere near worth a 6th or 7th round pick imo.

Yeah I'm staying away too unless he's still there in the 15th round. Keeper league maybe 8th for me, because if he does get suspended for a year, I'm not sure he's the type personality to come back at all, let alone to the standard he set last year. If he only gets 8 games he'll be a great addition in the playoff push, but that risk is nowhere near worth a 6th or 7th round pick imo.

Just did a draft last weekend and got him in the 11th round of a 12 team league. Honestly, at that point, I figured I would take the risk because other options don't have the tremendous upside he has, even if it's only for 8 games or so. I would never take him in the 6th round or close to that, but if he's there in like the 11th or 12th, why not. Worst case is he gets suspended for a year and you pick up a decent option on waivers.

Just did a draft last weekend and got him in the 11th round of a 12 team league. Honestly, at that point, I figured I would take the risk because other options don't have the tremendous upside he has, even if it's only for 8 games or so. I would never take him in the 6th round or close to that, but if he's there in like the 11th or 12th, why not. Worst case is he gets suspended for a year and you pick up a decent option on waivers.

Yea 11th in a 12 team isn't too early imo. If I have all my starters and a couple backups locked up and am in the later backup rounds I might grab him as a lottery ticket, but no way in the 6/7th round when I'm still choosing starters would I take that risk.

seen him go around round 6. if its a keeper then i think that area is good, if its re draft and u believe he wont be gone for the year and an 8 game suspension at most i think the 7th round is acceptable. i am not drafting him but dont hate on others for drafting him. if he plays half the season you then have a top 5 or 10 WR for the end of the year and playoffs..

completely agree and I like the like keeper insight for future potential keeper, also you draft in 6,7 based on need and best player available but if you have a solid foundation and can afford him in 6-7 (depending on how keepers are kept whether you lose the round you drafted in the previous year or 2 rounds earlier I'm in agreeance), big risk but if you can weather the storm and he plays could be beneficial... can be the ultimate backfire if you have to rely on him (some people over drafted Percy last year for that reason, Vereen and possibly Gronk), which hurt as well.
  • Like 1

I will assume non-keeper in this case and say Gordon's potential makes him worth grabbing somewhere just ahead of where you would normally start taking late swings for the fences with upside guys. Hard to quantify exactly where that is without knowing more about the particular league involved.

I'll stay away in any round, unless it's a keeper league. Not only will he burn a roster spot in the draft, who will you have to jettison in bye weeks to keep room? You're looking at an 8 game suspension (probably) in the best-case scenario. A 7-7 team is 9-5 with two extra wins. Your fate might be sealed by week 8. One also has to assume Johnny Football will be running the show by then in a rebuilding year. There are money players to be had in round 6-10 and IMO 11-15.