[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zero RB Strategy (PPR)

jbran23

You do realize that having a rational discussion requires data? Don't you... guess not. The zero RB strategy (just take a peek at the OP) may be in the background of people worth discussion for next year. Your post adds nothing to the discussion... nothing but internet garbage backed up by nothing... no data. Give yourself a high-five... you desperately need it.

I think there was heavy amounts of sarcasm in his post...

The crux of the zero RB strategy is to go all in, waiting to pick up a RB until the 5th. When I hear people claim that QB's and WR's are so deep they can pick up starters after drafting 4 RB's in the first five rounds, I'm wondering who they consider quality WR's\TE's and QB's? I realize it's only been two weeks and this year has been altered with the new domestic violence rules, but it'll be most interesting to see how it pans out in the end.

The NFL has changed, making it easier to pass. Most teams don't have a bellcow, with some going beyond RBBC having a RBBBC (NO). The super deep RB teams that have guys like Woodhead, Fred Jackson, McFadden etc. stashed on their bench will only play them to cover a bye, so it makes no sense to me to wait on positions that play every week just to have that depth.

I say draft BPA and keep your head on a swivel...if that means not taking a RB until the 5th round then so be it...

Determining BPA has to fit a plan if you plan on tanking RB. What you bank on is the herd following ADP, but when you're up against other drafters with the same plan, it alters things, so you have to remain flexible. The numbers at the end of the year will determine ADP. Graham went in the first round this year, which was unheard of two years ago. The more the power shift changes away from bellcow RB's, the more diverse drafts will play out. The one constant that you can count on, is the RB/RB/RB guys will do the same thing regardless of how it worked this year.

Just because someone out in the netherworld may find this interesting, I traded Julius Thomas. The reason I could trade Thomas is because I also have Graham. The zero RB strategy out is that you have options. I get D. Walker/Dez/Taliaferro and he gets J. Thomas/P.Thomas/Torrey Smith. I ran this trade by my son and he was against it, but the crux of it is I get D. Walker + Dez for J.Thomas + P.Thomas (I have RB options). I really didn't want Torrey Smith. He'll get you bench points, but when you start him he'll fall flat.

Moral of the story... how are most of the top RB's panning out so far?

• Like 1

Was just thinking about this thread. As for the top RB's so far, McCoy-not good, Peterson-probably done for the year, Eddie Lacy-not good, Jamaal Charles-not good. Matt Forte has yet to find the endzone this year but has been able to make up for it with some pretty good yardage production.

Will these guys turn it around at some point this year? Probably but what will your record be when they finally do? Odds are if u spent a premium pick on a RB this year u are probably not too satisfied with your return as of yet.