[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First-Time in a Keeper-League (need serious advice)

kastse

Hi all,

Would appreciate any and all help. This is my first year playing in a keeper league, and am taking over a bad team.

It is a 14-team league, with 2 keepers per team.

The team set-up is: 1 QB; 2 RB; 1 WR/RB; 2 WR; TE; D; K.

My team is as follows:

QB

Cam Newton

Eli Manning

RB

M. Ingram

Jonas Gray

Zac Stacy

Montee Ball

Denard Robinson

WR

Deandre Hopkins

Andre Holmes

Roddy White

TY Hilton

TE

Jordan Cameron

Charles Clay

What I think (which may be totally wrong): That I should not keep any players. Should I do that, what should my strategy in the draft be? I assume that all of the stud players will likely be taken. Should I shoot for the awesome rookies in the early rounds (like Todd Gurley), in the hopes that they will be studs down the line. Or, should I shoot for studs that had a down year last season, and hope that they turn it around?

Again, any and all advice relevant to the topic herein is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Players don't cost money.

If you keep 1 player, you lose your first round pick. If you keep 2, you lose your two first picks.

Normal scoring league (throwing TD - 4 points; rushing/receiving TD - 6 points).

Thanks, Huddler.

Well then that makes it easy. There is no one on your team worth a 1st or 2nd rd pick. I would keep no one and take the best available players when you pick

Agreed, with those keeper rules, don't keep anyone and simply draft best player available.

With only two keepers, do not overvalue long term value (ie unproven rookies), you are essentially in a win now league. Draft top rated player on your board for this season.... if it is a true toss up, then you can give a slight nod to the younger or longer term prospect