[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WHo is the last team to give up at least 31 points

Sgt. Ryan

The 2000 Oklahoma Sooners and they held Fla St scoreless in that game.

Texas put up 56 pts on Okie St, and OU shut them out.

Texas Tech put 70 on Nebraska and OU held them to 13 pts.

IN 2 games in which OU gave up 35 pts.

vs Okie St, a blocked punt in the endzone for a TD, and a muffed put which game The Cowboys 1st and goal inside the 10.

vs Texas A@M, 2 fakes, resulted in 2 TDs. a fake punt and fake FG.

Im not making excuses for OU, they had 2 tough games on the road in hostile environment vs ranked teams and came out with the W. Vs A@M they never trailed after 50 seconds into the second half. And vs Okie St, they trailed for 2 minutes and 21 seconds total mid second quarter, and never again with 4 mins remaining in the second quarter.

OU's biggest flaw on defense is the injury to their best cover corner Antonio Perkins. If that name sounds familiar its because he is the NCAA record holder for punt returns for TDs and is a huge playmaker in the defensive secondary. He shoud return in 2 weeks before the Big 12 Championship game.

Anyone that thinks this defense is weak, ask Texas who just put up 56 on Okie St. OU is a dominating defense up front who stops the run and the short to intermediate pass all game long. Its the deep ball vs backup CB Eric Basey who is making life hard on Sooner Nation. But Perkins will shore that up, along with super freshman Marcus Walker who gave up his redshirt to go into the game late vs A@M to secure the win when Basey was flopping on the field.

Sooner Nation is ready. Ready to finish what it started last yr. White is better than he was a year ago, and Peterson makes this offense virtually unstoppable for 4 quarters.

If Texas had any passing game at all, OU would have lost that game, and you would be hearing about Benson instead of Peterson. OU has a good D playing against a good one dimensional ball team, and a a good D playing against average balanced offenses, but when they play a Good balanced offense, I think OU's D will show that it is only average.

That seems to be a lot of the anti-Oklahoma sect's favorite word. :D

If this....

If that....

If.....

If.....

Blah Blah Blah....

545365[/snapback]

Hey a$$ wipe, while I'm a Texas fan, I've said all along that I think OU is going to win the NC, but it is going to be their offense, not their defense that is going to do it. They have a great offense, their defense is only a little bit better than average.

Hey a$$ wipe

545403[/snapback]

Did we hit a nerve?

They have a great offense, their defense is only a little bit better than average.

545403[/snapback]

Team Total Defense: OU ranks 19th giving up 299.63 yards per game

Team Scoring Defense: OU ranks 12th (tied with Penn State and Georgia) giving up 15.4 pts / game

Being in the top 20 in both of the aforementioned categories would constitute better than "a little bit better than average" to me. Unless you've got a different definition of average, I'd like to hear how you can justify that statement.

Did we hit a nerve?

Team Total Defense: OU ranks 19th giving up 299.63 yards per game

Team Scoring Defense: OU ranks 12th (tied with Penn State and Georgia) giving up 15.4 pts / game

Being in the top 20 in both of the aforementioned categories would constitute better than "a little bit better than average" to me.  Unless you've got a different definition of average, I'd like to hear how you can justify that statement.

545458[/snapback]

The only nerve you hit was when you assume that anyone that says anything the least bit derogatory about OU, you lable them a hater. While I freely admit that I hate OU right up until they play Texas every year, once that game is over, I root for OU and the Big 12. My only point is OU's D used to be what won them championships, it is not the case anymore. If OU wins the NC, which I still thank they will, but which gets harder to hope for each time some fan like you spouts off, it will be there offense, not there defense. Can you honestly say that their defense is as good as it has been in the past? Their defense isn't much, if any better than Texas' defense. The only thing that is different about the two teams, is OU has WR's and a better coach.

The only nerve you hit was when you assume that anyone that says anything the least bit derogatory about OU, you lable them a hater.  While I freely admit that I hate OU right up until they play Texas every year, once that game is over, I root for OU and the Big 12.  My only point is OU's D used to be what won them championships, it is not the case anymore.  If OU wins the NC, which I still thank they will, but which gets harder to hope for each time some fan like you spouts off, it will be there offense, not there defense.  Can you honestly say that their defense is as good as it has been in the past?  Their defense isn't much, if any better than Texas' defense.  The only thing that is different about the two teams, is OU has WR's and a better coach.

545550[/snapback]

A Texas fan rooting for OU? It's kinda like if Americans started rootin' for Osama Bin Laden. :D It should already be difficult for you to root for OU. Unless there's personal gain involved for OU, I will root against Texas regardless of who they are playing. It's what we call a rivalry up here. Your a Texas fan...we don't want you rootin' for OU. Just because Texas has no hopes for a NC, don't try to play the Big 12 card and say "Well, OU is Big 12 so, I think I'll just root for them".

Beat the rush. Hate Texas early!

That seems to be a lot of the anti-Oklahoma sect's favorite word. :D

If this....

If that....

If.....

If.....

Blah Blah Blah....

545365[/snapback]

Here's another..............

if.....................ou played any quality teams, they'd already have multiple losses :D

A Texas fan rooting for OU?  It's kinda like if Americans started rootin' for Osama Bin Laden. :D It should already be difficult for you to root for OU.  Unless there's personal gain involved for OU, I will root against Texas regardless of who they are playing.  It's what we call a rivalry up here.  Your a Texas fan...we don't want you rootin' for OU.  Just because Texas has no hopes for a NC, don't try to play the Big 12 card and say "Well, OU is Big 12 so, I think I'll just root for them".

Beat the rush.  Hate Texas early!

545565[/snapback]

Ok dumba$$ let me see if I can explain this to your Mobilehoma a$$. Texas and OU have already played in the Red River Shoot Out. OU won, it is over. Now, if OU wins out, and so does Texas, Texas' ranking will end up higher than if OU looses. With a higher ranking comes a better bowl game, which means more money and better recruits. Also if OU goes to the NC, you do know that the money made there goes to the Big 12, which splits it up between all of the teams in the conference don't you? So while I wish like hell that Texas had beat OU to shut up fools like you, now I hope OU wins out because it will mean a higher ranking for Texas, thus better recruits for Texas and a better bowl game for Texas. It also means more money for the Big 12 and all of the teams in the Big 12. The day of the Red River Shoot Out, I hate OU with a passion. Every other week I'm hoping OU does well. I know this is probably hard for you to understand, I wish my wife, who is a special education teacher, was here to explain it to you. Anyway, Texas fans don't hate Mobilehoma, we just hate some of their obnoxious fans.

Ok dumba$$ let me see if I can explain this to your Mobilehoma a$$.  Texas and OU have already played in the Red River Shoot Out.  OU won, it is over.  Now, if OU wins out, and so does Texas, Texas' ranking will end up higher than if OU looses.  With a higher ranking comes a better bowl game, which means more money and better recruits.  Also if OU goes to the NC, you do know that the money made there goes to the Big 12, which splits it up between all of the teams in the conference don't you?  So while I wish like hell that Texas had beat OU to shut up fools like you, now I hope OU wins out because it will mean a higher ranking for Texas, thus better recruits for Texas and a better bowl game for Texas.  It also means more money for the Big 12 and all of the teams in the Big 12.  The day of the Red River Shoot Out, I hate OU with a passion.  Every other week I'm hoping OU does well.  I know this is probably hard for you to understand, I wish my wife, who is a special education teacher, was here to explain it to you.  Anyway, Texas fans don't hate Mobilehoma, we just hate some of their obnoxious fans.

545747[/snapback]

1. No need to explain anything to me. I'm an intelligent and well educated grown man. Just because your opinion on a particular matter differs from mine doesn't make either one of us in need of your wife's assistance. If you want to throw out slanderous names in reference to the state in which I reside, so be it. It actually makes you sound less educated than I.

2. With Texas sitting at #5 in the BCS, they are virtually just a few upsets away from having the possibility to play for the National Championship themselves. If you are such a die hard Texas fan, wouldn't that be much more glorious than watching your big brother up north win it for you and the rest of the Big 12? It's got to be pretty humiliating playing second fiddle year in and year out.

3. Better recruits mean absolutely nothing for the Texas program. Mack Brown has been an incredible recruiter during his tenure at Texas. His problem is: he can't coach them. Why would you want Oklahoma to succeed over Texas? Some of the best football players in the nation come out of Texas. Your problem is: since Stoops keeps winning and Brown keeps losing, they all come to play for Oklahoma. Maybe you'd do better at "recruiting" if you could just keep your kids in state.

4. Mobilehoma? Nice play on words but, you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

5. Obnoxious fans. Call us what you will but, you can't argue with 5 wins in a row.

Edited by Monsters Of The Midway

1. No need to explain anything to me.  I'm an intelligent and well educated grown man.  Just because your opinion on a particular matter differs from mine doesn't make either one of us in need of your wife's assistance.  If you want to throw out slanderous names in reference to the state in which I reside, so be it.  It actually makes you sound less educated than I.

If you say so, I think that is shows that I have a better sense of humor than you.

2. With Texas sitting at #5 in the BCS, they are virtually just a few upsets away from having the possibility to play for the National Championship themselves.  If you are such a die hard Texas fan, wouldn't that be much more glorious than watching your big brother up north win it for you and the rest of the Big 12?  It's got to be pretty humiliating playing second fiddle year in and year out.

Texas is sitting at #6, not #5.  In order to get to the NC game, all of the teams above them with the exception of OU need to loose a game, and USC needs to loose two.  If OU were to loose, then Auburn would have to loose two as well, and then Texas might get there.  Look I'm a realist, and while I wish like hell that Texas had beat OU in October, the best thing for Texas right now, in regards to ranking, money, and recruits is for OU and Texas to win out.  Yes as a Texas fan, it would be much more glorious to have Texas win the NC, but it is not going to happen this year.  And while OU has had Texas' number for the past few years, Texas is still up on the series.

3. Better recruits mean absolutely nothing for the Texas program.  Mack Brown has been an incredible recruiter during his tenure at Texas.  His problem is: he can't coach them.  Why would you want Oklahoma to succeed over Texas?  Some of the best football players in the nation come out of Texas.  Your problem is: since Stoops keeps winning and Brown keeps losing, they all come to play for Oklahoma.  Maybe you'd do better at "recruiting" if you could just keep your kids in state.

I actually agree with all that you are saying here, but that has no bearing on me saying that the best thing for Texas is for OU to win out.  I wanted Texas to fire Mack when he benched Applewhite for Simms.  I hope they get rid of him after the season, but I doubt it will happen.

4. Mobilehoma? Nice play on words but, you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

You know that is funny.

5. Obnoxious fans.  Call us what you will but, you can't argue with 5 wins in a row.

One question, who is ahead in the series?

545810[/snapback]

See, the difference between Texas and OU is that Texas is good at a number of sports, and Texans are full of self confidence, so we don't have to hang our hat on any one sport. While we would love to win the NC, we also like to see our conference do well. We are truely digressing here. You tried to take the focus off of OU's defense not being as good as it has been it he past by questioning the honesty of a Texas fan hoping that OU does well. When I try to explain why a Texas fan would do this, it went over your head, and you wen of on some rant.

Does anyone else have a problem understanding the logic of why a Texas fan would be rooting for OU, besides a dim wit OU fan?

edited to fix problem with bolding.

Edited by Perchoutofwater