[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UCLA WINS!

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

Reminds me of the OU/ A&M game or the OU/OSU game, agreed those three games should have went the other way  :D

592046[/snapback]

Remind me, because I don't remember any calls that would have been of the magnitude of the Bush fumble in either of those games?????

I don't remember any favorable calls OU recieved that help them win those games.

True they were a fight but OU won them without the ref's help......

Once again you removed all doubt...... just keep typing!!!!!!!!!

USC would lose if it played like that against the Sooners. That was USC's worst game of the season. But that's what happens sometimes in rivalry games when one team has been dominating the other for six years.

592301[/snapback]

Lets just say OU is peaking and USC is well, they did wax 105th ranked Notre Dame pass defense.

I cant wait till Jan 4. Another late Xmas gift for Sooner fans who last won the NC just 4 years ago in the Orange Bowl. Another interesting note, OU has played the same schedule in the same order as they did that year. Destiny?

Congratulations to Oklahoma and their fans. You got the job done this year, and deserve to go. Of course so does Auburn. Of course so does Southern California.

Honestly the biggest crock would be to let another Big 12 team stink up the Grand Daddy of em All again like they did in 02. I have a bad feeling those hicks from austin, texas are gonna steal the rose bowl berth from Cal and that will be a travesty. The Rose Bowl didn't like what they got in 02, and they'll hate it even more in 04.

Congratulations to Oklahoma and their fans. You got the job done this year, and deserve to go. Of course so does Auburn. Of course so does Southern California.

Honestly the biggest crock would be to let another Big 12 team stink up the Grand Daddy of em All again like they did in 02. I have a bad feeling those hicks from austin, texas are gonna steal the rose bowl berth from Cal and that will be a travesty. The Rose Bowl didn't like what they got in 02, and they'll hate it even more in 04.

592389[/snapback]

2002 - OU destroyed Pac-10 Champ Wash St. 34-14, and in 04 Texas or Cal would spank Michigan by the same margin.

It was a bad call, but most championship teams have some luck along the way - whether it be officiating, lack of major injuries to key players, biggest rivalry games at home, etc. Going undefeated is an incredible accomplishment, making the idea that one of these teams won't get a shot at the NC all the more sad.

Through some quirk of scheduling, UCLA got to prepare for this game for 3 weeks, making it like a bowl game for them. USC comes off a big rivalry game with ND, and only had 1 week to prepare for this one. Not an excuse for the special teams fiascos, or for Bush's fumble-itis, but it does help explain how UCLA was able to slow down the USC offense. (Just like your parents always said, taking time to study is always good.) UCLA has some good athletes on D, but they're young. The extra time allowed the coaches to get some good work in, obviously.

The Trojans D did a pretty good job on the Bruins offense, except for the one drive. Our O-line did not have its best day, giving up 3 sacks and failing to get enough push on a key 4th & 1 in the redzone. And don't even get me started on special teams and Bush's ball-handling - ***?!? Thank God he scored on the 2 big runs to make up for the drops. Honestly, for all his talent, he's dropped more pills this year than a spastic pharmacist....

I agree, if you based the outcome of the Orange Bowl on how the 3 teams looked tonight, USC would not beat either Auburn or OU. But now everybody has about the same time to prepare, so we'll see how it all shakes out the first week in January....

2002 - OU destroyed Pac-10 Champ Wash St. 34-14, and in 04 Texas  or Cal would spank Michigan by the same margin.

592529[/snapback]

I didn't say anything to hte contrary, I said the Rose Bowl Committee doesn't want white trash hicks from Oklahoma or Texas in their game. And they don't. They want their Pac 10 vs Big 10 tradition.