[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peach Bowl: Tennessee vs Maryland

spain

It's on boys! The Vols will crush the land turtles in Hotlanta! Spain is working on getting his tickets as we speak!

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Atlanta

Tuesday, Dec. 31

7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)

ACC No. 3 vs. SEC No. 5

Maryland vs. Tennessee -- Imagine if both these teams had stayed healthy all season. Would they be in Atlanta or a BCS bowl?

The site says that Tenn. has not been officially invited and has therefore not officially accepted. But it sounds that they will. You can check out the official Peach Bowl site:

http://www.peachbowl.com/matchupmain.shtml

I'll be there though. And if it is the Terps v. Tenn. - I fully expect the team from Maryland to be victorious over the team from Tennessee - just like in the Pros.

As far as tickets, I have a contact in ATL and there looks to be some available down low between the 40's near the 50 for $65 each - but they're going quick. If anyone is interested, post your email.

• 3 weeks later...
justin:

An announcement will be made this (Thursday) afternoon about the match-up.  It will then be official that the MIGHTY FIGHTING TERRAPINS will kick the crap out of the Volunterds.

What a game! Maryland showed up and showed up strong. The Terps beat the Vols in every facet of the game.

The Georgia Dome was great. It was pretty much a sea of orange as UT fans outnumbered Terps by at least 5-1. But on the field the team in red dominated. EJ Henderson had an incredible game. I think that his "draft value" went up.

I think the play of the game was the naked bootleg that Coach Fridge called in the 1st quarter when the Terps had 4th and goal on the 1/2 yard line.

Much kudos to Coach Fridge and the rest of the Terps.

BTW - Fridge notched his 21st win (in two years at Maryland) and moved into 6th all-time in coaching wins.

Congrats to the Terps on one of the most dominating bowl performances I have ever seen. EJ Henderson is a monster. he was truly a man among boys out there. I dont know where he is projected to go, but I would love to see him in a Titan uni next year. Maryland kicked the Vols ass from the opening whistle and left no doubt who was the best team.

Phil Fulmer needs to fire Randy Sanders immediately. He needs some fresh blood. The program has become stale and vulnerable as the Terps so aptly pointed out. I dont think we will see much good from the Vols with the current crop of coaches and players. This was a humiliating defeat...