[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some things to talk about

Jackass

Moss and Ricky to Oakland - my dream reality show could happen :D

In the Trenches: Moss could be dealt this offseason

Jan. 25, 2005

Michael Fabiano

Special to GolfWeb

Tell Michael your opinion

With apologizes to Nostradamous, Dionne Warrick and the Psychic Friends Network, it's time for the Guru to peer into the CBS SportsLine.com crystal ball and see what the future holds for the 2005 season.

Randy Moss will wear silver and black. Raiders owner Al Davis will look to improve a team that has won a combined nine games the past two seasons. His first move will be to pursue Moss in a deal that involves CB Phillip Buchanon and draft choices. The Vikings are $25 million under the salary cap for next season and would save an additional $500,000 by trading Moss, who is scheduled to makes $9.5 million.

This transaction would have a domino effect in Fantasy Football. The addition of Moss would create an increase in the value of QB Kerry Collins and WR Ronald Curry, and will also guarantee the departure of Jerry Porter from Oakland. Furthermore, it would make the team's run more formidable ... an attack that could include RB LaMont Jordan, whom the Raiders covet.

Ricky Williams will contemplate a return to football. Between his classes at a northern California school for holistic medicine and alone time with his favorite substance, Williams will consider a return to the sport that made him into a household name.

He has three children -- from three different women -- and has gone from financial freedom to a one-bedroom apartment with no television and no long-distance phone. Williams also said he might like to become a member of the Raiders, where he feels he would have "a much easier time fitting in."

Stay tuned.

Peyton Manning will continue to assault the record books. Whoever set the Colts schedule for next season must take pleasure in a Manning touchdown pass. The veteran signal-caller will face some of the league's weakest defenses in starts against Houston (2), Tennessee (2), Arizona, Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Francisco, St. Louis and Seattle.

Carson Palmer has incredible potential for 2005.(Getty Images)

Manning won't post another 49-touchdown season, but 4,000-plus yards and 40-45 scores is well within reach for the quarterback who will be selected first overall in countless drafts.

Carson Palmer will have a monstrous statistical season. Palmer came into his own in his final four regular-season starts, as he threw for 1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns. He has the support of RB Rudi Johnson in the backfield and leads a pass attack that includes WR Chad Johnson and should have Peter Warrick back in the mix.

With weaker defensive units such as Cleveland (2), Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota, Tennessee, Detroit and Kansas City on next season's schedule, Palmer should throw for 3,000-plus yards and 25-30 touchdowns.

Plaxico Burress will sign with the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers will look to sign WR Hines Ward to a long-term contract, which means fewer dollars under the cap to re-sign Burress. The team appears set to allow WR Antwaan Randle El a more prominent role in the pass attack, which makes him a solid sleeper for next season.

The Ravens have never had a reliable wide receiver and will look to add one this offseason. The team could get involved in a potential Moss sweepstakes, but Burress is the more viable option.

Travis Henry will return to prominence. Motivation will be a factor for the disgruntled Henry, who lost his spot on Buffalo's depth chart to RB Willis McGahee and was granted permission to seek a trade this offseason. He will have no shortage of potential suitors -- at least five teams have reported interest -- so it appears a featured spot in a new backfield is imminent.

Henry possesses the skills to post impressive numbers -- he averaged 1,397 rushing yards and 12 total touchdowns from 2002-03 -- and will re-emerge as a solid back with the right organization. Expect the Dolphins and Cardinals to make a serious push for his services.

The Tennessee Titans will be forced to cut several veterans. Various reports indicate the Titans will be around $23 million over the cap next season, which means countless personnel moves are on the horizon. In fact, the status of DT Kevin Carter, OT Brad Hopkins, WR Derrick Mason, OT Brad Miller, CB Samari Rolle and FS Lance Schulters is uncertain at best.

The team is also scheduled to owe QB Steve McNair $12.63 million, though there's still a chance he will decide to retire after another season filled with injuries. The departure of offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, who left to take a similar position with the New York Jets, is also a blow to the team.

Chad Pennington will have his best statistical season ... if he maintains his health. The addition of Heimerdinger should revitalize a stagnant offense and breath new life into Pennington. The new coordinator mixes the run and pass well and is not afraid to utilize the vertical pass attack, which is fortunate news for Pennington and WRs Santana Moss and Justin McCareins.

Pennington's injured shoulder -- he has a torn rotator cuff that will require a surgical procedure -- is cause for some concern. But in the event that he makes 14-16 starts and avoids further ailments, the field general should produce career numbers.

A stud running back will call Miami home. The crystal ball is a little clouded on this one, but it has narrowed the Dolphins' next running back to four possible candidates: Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Henry or Cedric Benson.

Henry said he would "hope" a trade will send him to Miami in an interview with the Palm Beach Post, but whether the Bills want to deal him to an AFC East rival is a question. Alexander and James are also logical choices, though the Seahawks and Colts teams still have the power to franchise their respective backs.

The Cardinals offense will be explosive. Coach Dennis Green boasts a lethal duo at wide receiver in Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, and will look to bolster the quarterback and running back positions in the offseason.

The most logical choice under center is current Buccaneers QB Brad Johnson, an experienced veteran who played under Green in Minnesota. The team has expressed an interest in Henry, and also holds the No. 8 overall and could decide to select a back in the draft.

Moss going to the Ravens makes more sense then him to the Raiders.

Lewis can keep him in check in the locker room and Billick has coached him before. After failing to get Owens last year, I'm sure Baltimore will make a big push to upgrade their wr corps. I don't see Burress as being that guy for them. I think that would be like Price and the Falcons.

Moss going to the Ravens makes more sense then him to the Raiders.

Lewis can keep him in check in the locker room and Billick has coached him before. After failing to get Owens last year, I'm sure Baltimore will make a big push to upgrade their wr corps. I don't see Burress as being that guy for them. I think that would be like Price and the Falcons.

673420[/snapback]

I was also thinking about the Price trade to Atlanta when I read that. I also think Baltimore makes a big push for Moss.

Moss would probably prefer to go to the Raiders (vs. Baltimore) with their penchant for the vertical passing game and a more proven and experienced QB in Collins (than Boller).

Keep an eye on how Pennington recovers from rotator cuff surgery. That's a tough surgery for a pitcher or QB to have. It can take awhile to gain back the strength and flexibility in the shoulder. Even if he works it back in shape enough to play, he might not be at a 100% until the following year.

I like to eat Skittles.

673016[/snapback]

I've seen you mention Skittles several times. I work for M&M Mars and Skittles is one of our products. Thanks for the free advertising Random Guy !! :D

Nice post, Jackass. I have to agree with Moss liking OAK over BAL. Norv and Collins air it out and they will probably be losing Porter. Al Davis is always willing to take a chance on the undesirables. That is what his fan base thrives upon.

I would not mind seeing Travis Henry end up on his feet down in Miami. Anywhere but Arizona.