[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trevor pryce staying put

Azazello1313

agreed to a $2 million pay cut to remain with the broncos.

and now the d-line really doesn't look too bad, and i wouldn't be surprised to see them look other directions early in the draft.

767647[/snapback]

Agreed, the d-line doesn´t look too bad for now (this is, if there aren´t any new injuries)

Which way do you think they may go now in the draft??

I'm afraid Shanahan is going to want to pick a CB now. His last two first round cbs---Deltha Oneil and Willie Middlebrooks, are argueably busts.

I will continue to argue that they should still pick D-line in the first round. :D

Az -- what's the deal with Nalen and Hamilton on the O-line? I heard a little while ago that they might both end up elsewhere.

767825[/snapback]

Hamilton resigned and it is rumored that Neil will as well.

Denver should definitely pick up the best safety in the 1st round. Shanny just can't draft CB's.

No word on Nalen? Just curious.

767902[/snapback]

he's still under contract, i believe. he may have renegotiated, but i'm pretty sure he's in the fold for next year. it's neil who may or may not be. but yeah, both of those guys are getting up there in age, and they need some depth there even if neil IS back. i have a hard time seeing them draft an interior o-line in the first round or two, though. i think they're probably still looking at d-line (though now more at tackle than end), maybe safety, maybe CB...or WR. hard to say, they really may just go with "best available player" in the first round.

A scary proposition, considering who Shanny thinks might be the "best available player." :D  :D

767974[/snapback]

yeah, the broncos have made some great draft picks under shanny, but most of them came after the first round. their first rounders have been a mixed bag, at best.

yeah, the broncos have made some great draft picks under shanny, but most of them came after the first round.  their first rounders have been a mixed bag, at best.

767979[/snapback]

No doubt. Denver typically drafts late in the 1st round every year, so there is some reason for problems there, but man does he miss big on a lot of 1st round picks. I don't get it.

No doubt.  Denver typically drafts late in the 1st round every year, so there is some reason for problems there, but man does he miss big on a lot of 1st round picks.  I don't get it.

768098[/snapback]

although, to be fair, they've definitely hit on a few. DJ last year, trevor pryce, al wilson, john mobley, lelie is turning into a good WR, foster looks like a good tackle. the one really disastrous one that comes to mind is middlebrooks...there probably wasnt another team in the league that had him as a first round talent that year. and deltha o'neal :D oh and ted gregory but that was a LONG time ago, before shanny.

Edited by Azazello1313

although, to be fair, they've definitely hit on a few.  DJ last year, trevor pryce, al wilson, john mobley, lelie is turning into a good WR, foster looks like a good tackle.  the one really disastrous one that comes to mind is middlebrooks...there probably wasnt another team in the league that had him as a first round talent that year.  and deltha o'neal :D oh and ted gregory but that was a LONG time ago, before shanny.

768146[/snapback]

What about the WR from Tennessee. I forget his name, but he was a huge bust.