[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk about extreme!

BigTen

I'm sure for every ONE you can name that made it I can find 20 that did not.

793009[/snapback]

You are "spot on" right there. It's hard for guys that actually get drafted to make an impact, much less a guy that teams didn't think was worth drafting. I can only think of two that are currently making an impact in the NFL: Gates and Holmes.

He may have lost the war, but the battle isn't over.

793026[/snapback]

That is hillarious!!!

As long as you go to the right team, you have a shot to make it as an undrafted free agent. For example, the Colts have several. Marcus Pollard, Dominic Rhodes, Gary Brackett, Nick Harper, Aaron Moorehead, Brad Pyatt, Justin Snow, Tupe Peko, Jeff Saturday, Mike Vanderjagt, and James Mungro were all undrafted. Several are starters. Those that are back-ups have been in the league a couple year collecting paychecks. Just because you aren't drafted does not mean you cannot play in the league.

Edited by CaptainHook

As long as you go to the right team, you have a shot to make it as an undrafted free agent.  For example, the Colts have several.  Marcus Pollard, Dominic Rhodes, Gary Brackett,  Nick Harper, Aaron Moorehead, Brad Pyatt,  Justin Snow, Tupe Peko, Jeff Saturday, Mike Vanderjagt, and James Mungro were all undrafted.  Several are starters.  Those that are back-ups have been in the league a couple year collecting paychecks.  Just because you aren't drafted does not mean you cannot play in the league.

794649[/snapback]

Exactly my point earlier in this thread.

PS - Rod Smith, WR, DEN ... he was undrafted ...

PPS - Trent Green, QB, KC ... he was drafted in (I think) the 8th round when he came out ...

PPPS - Rich Gannon, QB, KC ... he was drafted in (I think) the 11th round when he came out ...

...etc...

are you serious?  free ride?  The kid got his BS a year early in poli sci and has already completed a year of his master's.  He's on a 25,000 a year fellowship for his masters.  why do people have to question other people's integrity?

793371[/snapback]

People get lazy and don't read the links sometimes, solo.

A little something on the education:

"He graduated early from Tennessee with a bachelor's degree in political science and started working on a master's in public administration last season.

He was awarded the Draddy Trophy as the nation's top scholar-athlete in December and received $25,000 in scholarship money."

And on his heart:

"I had fun playing football. But I never found my identity playing football," he said. "Football isn't who I am. I knew the day would come when I'd have to walk away from the sport and I'm fine with that. Some people are so wrapped up in it they can't walk away because that's who they are. It's time to make a clean break."

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

A scout I heard today said that he had "old man's knees".  That's why he wasn't drafted.

793444[/snapback]

Maybe he has interests in life other than football.

Maybe he has talents in life other than football.

Or, maybe he wants to take some time off and focus on building a winning fantasy football team. He's probably preparing a mock draft for his fantasy league right now as we speak...just like the rest of us.

Best of luck to the guy.