[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any of you try this last year? EA Sports Fantasy

Dxtra30

Last year I was in 4 different leagues, and each one used a different site.

I liked My Fantasy Leauge the best.

ESPN was crap, EA was mediocre and CBC was just above EA.

843582[/snapback]

I believe ESPN will be Free this year.. I think they are trying to get the peeps from Yahoo to leave since Yahoo always has free games..

I was just wondering if any of you have tried this last year and if so how was it ?? I was thinking about giving it a shot but wanted to get some feedback..

http://www.easports.com/fantasy/

Thanks, Dx

843556[/snapback]

I personally thought EA sucked. I don't remember all the peeves I had last year, but the site was atrociously slow. And if I'm not confusing it with another site, I think management of your team was very inefficient - adding to the slowness of the experience. Feedback/support from staff was non-existant. I put in a couple of issues and *never* received so much as an acknowledgement much less an actual response.

And while this is not necessarily a commentary on EA, the league I was in had very low caliber owners. So it wasn't even fun being in the league after wading thru all the other hassles.

I left swearing "Never again." Not for $10, not for free, not if they paid me.

Last year I was in 4 different leagues, and each one used a different site.

I liked My Fantasy Leauge the best.

ESPN was crap, EA was mediocre and CBC was just above EA.

843582[/snapback]

I agree myfantasyleague.com is by far the best FF site I have ever used and is fair priced :D

From my experience, the 'free' sites are garbage. Yahoo is 'free', but you don't get live stats on Sunday (what kind of self-respecting fantasy football person doesn't want live stats on Sunday?). This costs about 9.95 or so, I assume other free leagues are the same way. I like CBS (the player info on CBS basically sucked last year, but the live scoring was good and articles were interesting), but am thinking of going with myfantasyleague.com this year because so many huddlers vouch for it.

:D  espn is crap and cbs is a joke

:D MFL

846634[/snapback]

What makes CBS a joke? IMO, their interface is the best out-there from a technical perspective and their lay-out and live-scoring is the best I have seen period. I agree, MFL is great for the money, but their live scoring isn't as perfected as CBS and they don't offer gamecenters. CBS also allows you to instantly drop any stat or league info right into Excel for record keeping purposes. From simply a league-hosting service standpoint and cost aside, CBS is at the top IMO.

For the money MFL may be the best value, but what makes CBS a joke from a league host perspective?

What makes CBS a joke?  IMO, their interface is the best out-there from a technical perspective and their lay-out and live-scoring is the best I have seen period.  I agree, MFL is great for the money, but their live scoring isn't as perfected as CBS and they don't offer gamecenters.  CBS also allows you to instantly drop any stat or league info right into Excel for record keeping purposes.  From simply a league-hosting service standpoint and cost aside, CBS is at the top IMO. 

For the money MFL may be the best value, but what makes CBS a joke from a league host perspective?

846707[/snapback]

Well I guess we'll have to agree that we disagree. I had 2 leagues with CBS and swithced over to MFL when CBS went pay The other problem was they weren't able to handle some simple scoring rules for another league I was setting up. There customer service was sub par. Maybe they've improved since I used them last. I believe's MFL's live scoring is just as good if not superior. There as up to date as any live scoring service out there. CBS costs twice as much. Site customazation capabilities are superior and more numerous with MFL. You can give your site a far more personalized look and its totally dedicated to ones league. No adds, none of the columns and articles that I don't really read anyway. I'm sure some people like that aspect of CBS but its not worth an extra $60-70 bucks for me. I prefer the threaded message boards on MFL sites. Keeps subjects seperate allowing for better and more organized league discussions. Yuh got me on the excel thing. But I would bet that MFL has a statistical download capability. Heven't tried to, don't know and don't really care about that.

I'm only in one league that is using cbssportsline and its a $200 salary cap, auction draft, keeper league. There is no salary tracking capability. The only free agent prices I know for sure right know are the guys I picked. Either cbs is not capable of handling a salary league, or the guys running the league don't know how to set it up correctly. Does anyone use cbssportsline for their salary leagues? :D

If you're using CBS, like their product and service, and its a fun league, then more power to you. :D

But from my current and past experience I'll not setup a league at cbs. There are better options. IMHO :D