[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England v Oakland

CeleryJello

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-game observation: Ozzy can still lip-sync with the best of them... but where did his eyebrows go?

1st Qtr: Oakland was smooth and confident in their opening drive. Looked like they would cruise to a victory.

2nd Qtr: Pats can pass all day long, but can't run for jack. Brady was solid, and Dillon was sulking. Oakland pass D needs a ton of work. Moss was Moss.

3rd Qtr: Pats adjusted to the Raiders run D. Moss was now sulking, and only running routes that invlove him in the play (dejavu).

4th Qtr: Kerry was rattled big time and threw more to the sidelines than to his receivers. Pats were solid all game (who needs an Offensive Coordinator anyway?).

Pre-game observation:  Ozzy can still lip-sync with the best of them... but where did his eyebrows go?

977688[/snapback]

:D:D

I love the Veneers......he was really smilin' too.

:D Ay Ay Ay :D

1. Pats passing game still looks very solid without Weiss. Brady was very efficient, as usual.

2. Pats running game was awful in the first half and not very good overall, considering who they were playing.

3. Pats D did a tremendous job of pressuring Collins, but looked less-than-stellar overall. Gave up 92 yds (4.18 avg.) on the ground to a very mediocre running offense and 3 TDs through the air.

4. Pats O-line was superb.

5. Collins will probably hit the 25-TD mark this year. Moss is a tremendous difference-maker.

6. Raiders O-line cannot pass-block to save their lives.

7. Raiders pass rush is laughably weak.

Bottom line: Outside of their passing game and special teams, the Pats didn't look like world-beaters last night. They're obviously still the team to beat, but they looked weaker overall than last season. The Raiders are full of holes on defense and are at least a year away from being competitive.

Did you see Gallery get knocked on his can by McGinest?  Then get  :D  for holding so Willie couldn't get to Collins?

977850[/snapback]

:D I thought that was funny. Those long locks definatley do not make him Sampson.

Those of you that do not like Harrison need to take up needlepoint.......or soccer. He doesn't play hard? :D

Oakland's offense will be fine. Their defense sucks. This should put them in some real shootouts this year. :D

NE looked good. I think the Raiders played the run pretty tough rather than Dillon not looking good. I'll gladly take the meager ruhsning yards, the 2 TDs and receiving yards from Dillon in several of my leagues. :D

Did anyone else listen to the radio coverage of the game?  Esiason didn't like anything Collins did, but Brady couldn't do anything wrong.

978760[/snapback]

I wonder if Boomer would consider Brady infallible if he were behind Oakland's O-line and facing Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, and Willie McGinnest. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski