Sign in to follow this  
Down Goes Frazia

strength through superior firepower

As I stand and sing "America The Beautiful" I am reminded that Peace Through Superior Firepower was our platoon's motto in '72. I was a forward observer with 1/9 Marines and could call in all kinds of crap that was guaranteed to get your attention. Got to walk thru an area plowed up by Puff. Not much growing there.

Hoo rah, girls, hoo-f'n rah! :D

Edited by The Holy Roller

As I stand and sing "America The Beautiful" I am reminded that Peace Through Superior Firepower was our platoon's motto in '72.  I was a forward observer with 1/9 Marines and could call in all kinds of crap that was guaranteed to get your attention.  Got to walk thru an area plowed up by Puff.  Not much growing there.

Hoo rah, girls, hoo-f'n rah!  :D

1272596[/snapback]

Did ya ever fire a M19/21 grenade launcher? I helped make one of the first of 125 of those back in 1968-69. Tripod mounted 400 rounds per minute, 1700 yard accuracy range! Awesome weapon!

Did ya ever fire a M19/21 grenade launcher?  I helped make one of the first of 125 of those back in 1968-69.  Tripod mounted 400 rounds per minute, 1700 yard accuracy range!  Awesome weapon!

1272633[/snapback]

Should we call you Rosie the Riveter? :D

:D

Did ya ever fire a M19/21 grenade launcher?  I helped make one of the first of 125 of those back in 1968-69.  Tripod mounted 400 rounds per minute, 1700 yard accuracy range!  Awesome weapon!

1272633[/snapback]

Never had the pleasure. But I'll shake your hand and buy the first round when we meet. :D

Phalanax one bad bisch...

I have fired rocket lauchers, M-16, m-60, saw, and 50 cal. ARMY is very weak except for its tanks and calvary. Very nice video...hard to miss a target with a trail of tracers. I did get to witness A-10 wart hogs firing off at Ft. Leonard Wood while in basic training.

Edited by SuperBalla

Yeah, I was part of the decomissioning crew in '89 for the Sellers.  I do think the CWIS is still in use, however.

:D  Well, I was definitely thinking the Vulcan cannons for sure.  A round in every square yard of a football field in a minute,...impressive.

1272294[/snapback]

Definately many ships still using it. It's just not being put on the newer ships.