[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fill up your tanks!

dmarc117

katrina (and more relevantly, rita) were "artificial"? :D

1294806[/snapback]

Nope, but the scarcity scare was. I thought the price jack ought to be included alongside the other two.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Nope, but  the scarcity scare was.  I thought the price jack ought to be included alongside the other two.

1294814[/snapback]

well, i don't think supply worries when there's a category 5 hurricane parked 50 miles off of half the country's refining capacity are necessarily "artificial". aside from that, you've got a point. greater supply makes any scarcity less acute, and thus the market less succeptible to price pressures exerted by act of man OR god.

oh so now your argument against maximizing our domestic output is that somebody might make money.  brilliant.

1294775[/snapback]

No... my argument is that it wouldn't make an impact in our foreign oil dependancy.

You just chose to ignore that. It's still true, according to the study from the energy department. Did you just forget? :D

How could anyone possibly argue that Bush would use questionable policy in order to give money to his friends? That's just preposterous.

Edited by AtomicCEO

No... my argument is that it wouldn't make an impact in our foreign oil dependancy.

You just chose to ignore that.  It's still true, according to the study from the energy department.  Did you just forget?  :D

1294889[/snapback]

:D ignore it? i addressed the fact that your link predicts that the amount of oil we import will "only" go down by 5% and the price of oil will "only" go down 2% several times.

a million+ barrels a day doesn't make an impact on our foreign oil dependency?

why should we leave those million barrels per day in the ground? do you have a coherent answer to that question other than the non-responsive idiocy "somebody will make money" or "a million barrels isnt that much"?

QUOTE(Azazello1313 @ 1/29/06 7:16pm)

a million+ barrels a day doesn't make an impact on our foreign oil dependency?

That is considerably higher than the energy department estimate of how many barrels a day we could get.

1295596[/snapback]

you f*cking idiot. :D

In 2025, the coastal plain of ANWR is projected to reach 0.9 million barrels per day under the USGS mean oil resource case, and 0.6 and 1.6 million barrels per day under the low and high resource cases, respectively.

link

so why should we leave that 0.6-1.6 million barrels per day in the ground again?

you f*cking idiot. :D

1295699[/snapback]

I'm sorry... I'm an idiot because I know the difference between 900K and "1 million+"? :D For someone arguing the importance of 5% earlier in the thread... you were off by "10%+" :D

I guess... because it wouldn't have an effect on our dependence on foreign oil. Just like the report said.

And like I said before... a move away from "Cowboy Stupid" in our foreign policy would have a much larger effect on our gas prices... but unfortunately, it wouldn't have nearly as nice effect for the profits of oil companies. :D rats.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I'm sorry... I'm an idiot because I know the difference between 900K and "1 million+"?  :D For someone arguing the importance of 5% earlier in the thread... you were off by "10%+" :D

1295714[/snapback]

let me get this right....a million barrels is "irrelevant", but the difference between a million barrels and 900 thousand barrels is "considerable"? half of the commissioned estimates are over a million barrels a day...and of course we won't KNOW how much is actually there until we start drilling.

so why should we leave those million+/- barrels per day in the ground again?

Yeah all our problems would just melt way.

And thx for working on turning this into yet another political rant thread, we need more of those.

:D

1294452[/snapback]

You know what would solve our problems more than nearly anything else ... simply annex Mexico's oil in exchange for allowing their illegal immigrants to continue to access our educational and healthcare systems.

Seems like a reasonable trade to me?

Heck, maybe even require Canada to give us oil in exchange for their opportunity to vacation on our beaches when it is -400 degrees in January in Yellowknife...

Edited by muck