[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Access and Visual Basic

Big Country

So, as part of my expanding job responsibilities I will be getting the task of developing some databases.

I'm self taught so far, and have had some good success utilizing some web forums and such to answer my questions, but they are generally specific to my ask at hand.

My work has decided that it would be benficial for me to get some formal training in database design and, I am hoping to get that to include some Visual basic as it can be applied across several programs.

With that said, I am responsible for researching the class offerings out there and coming up with a curriculum if you will.

I've checked out New Horizons Learning Center, and they have 3 levels of Access classes (I probably dont need level one, but will take it in case there are some basics I don't know), all offered in a classroom setting near my home and work. So that is a plus.

They also have several Visual Basic Classes, but those are web-based self-paced programs. That is fine for me if I have to, but I think a classroom environment might work better for me.

Does anyone know of any other companies that offer this type of training, or have any suggestions on the types of classes I should be looking to take?

As usual, I appreciate all the help of the Huddle collective.

New Horizons is a great place for any kind of technical training. They're a nationwide firm and very professional. I've attended all sorts of training there. The instructors are very knowledgeable and they use the latest hardware.

I can't respond with any specific places, but I can say that if you don't have these forums available and bookmarked, then you should. For all things Micro$soft, point your newsreader to news://msnews.microsoft.com. There are forums for every product M$ makes with access to some of the developers of those products (M$ encourages their employees to visit these forums). Some are better than others, but the VB stuff there is second to none (or was when I was a hardcore VB developer a couple of years ago).