[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC sends Four teams

Gdawg

Well, you all know now that the ACC only sent four teams. Honestly thoguh, I cant see how we deserved more. FSU? Sure, they went 9-7 in the ACC, but their non-conference schedule was a joke. MD? My Terps went 8-8 in the ACC, but only had ONE quality win (against BC EARLY in the season).

I cant see how we deserved more than four. Conversely, the Missouri Valley conference DIDNT deserve four teams, but that's another subject...

How can the MVC get 4 and the ACC get 4, it just doesn't add up, I'm sorry.

I'm a Big Ten / Michigan fan and no I don't think they should be there but they should be over the likes of Air Force and some other middies.

What is the MVC's record that past few years, like 1-10 or something, compare that to the ACC.

I went to a MAC school so I know what if feels to be slighted but 3 at Large? Joke.

Although we did beat Duke in 1995 :D

Edited by chiefjay

On one hand, I want the best basketball to be played.

On the other hand, I don't care if the 5th team from the ACC or the 9th team from the Big East or the 7th team from the Big 10 gets in and loses in the first couple rounds.

If FSU beat Wake in round 1 they were in.  They blew it themselves so they don't deserve to be in.  Maryland just stinks.

1366649[/snapback]

I agree, FSU screwed themselves, their strength of schedule also hurt them.

I am a TERP fan and they do stink.

THE MVC still doesnt deserve FOUR teams, that IS a joke.

How can the MVC get 4 and the ACC get 4, it just doesn't add up, I'm sorry.

I'm a Big Ten / Michigan fan and no I don't think they should be there but they should be over the likes of Air Force and some other middies.

What is the MVC's record that past few years, like 1-10 or something, compare that to the ACC.

I went to a MAC school so I know it is to feel slighted but 3 at Large?  Joke.

1366674[/snapback]

Well, then again, their entrants in year's past have been low seeds so they were up against some tougher first round opponents.

I do agree 3 at large teams from the MVC is too many.

ACC deserved and got 4- FSU blew it by having a horrible non conference sched. and losing to Wake- period. UM- not even close. I don't think FSU was that close anyway- they were certainly behind Cincy, Miss. State on the totem pole.

Overall down year for the ACC- although your newbie BC looks darn good and may be your best bet to get to the Final 4.

Well, you all know now that the ACC only sent four teams. Honestly thoguh, I cant see how we deserved more. FSU? Sure, they went 9-7 in the ACC, but their non-conference schedule was a joke. MD? My Terps went 8-8 in the ACC, but only had ONE quality win (against BC EARLY in the season).

I cant see how we deserved more than four. Conversely, the Missouri Valley conference DIDNT deserve four teams, but that's another subject...

1366150[/snapback]

I think Florida State,Maryland and Clemson were all good enough to be in the tourney.

From top to bottom I think the ACC and the Big 10 were the best overall conferences this year, with the Big East,Big 12, SEC in the next grouping and Missouri valley not to far from that group.

Edit: I would put the Pac 10 in the grouping with Missourri Valley.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I think Florida State,Maryland and Clemson were all good enough to be in the tourney.

From top to bottom I think the ACC and the Big 10 were the best overall conferences this year, with the Big East,Big 12, SEC in the next grouping and Missouri valley not to far from that group.

Edit: I would put the Pac 10 in the grouping with Missourri Valley.

1367221[/snapback]

Normally would agree with you- I am a huge ACC fan but not this year- conference is vey average this year. Big East is far better this year- I mean 9 out of 16 deserving bids? amazing. I think the ACC being down will show in the tourney- I see Duke & UNC getting exposed with BC being the ACC's best shot at going deep. Love watching BC play- FSU. Maryland, Clemson were NOT good eoungh to be in the tourney-

My PAC 10 is down - I don't even want to talk about my UA squad- disaster. BUT UCLA looks good and has a nice shot at making the Final 4.

Normally would agree with you- I am a huge ACC fan but not this year- conference is vey average this year.  Big East is far better this year- I mean 9 out of 16 deserving bids? amazing. I think the ACC being down will show in the tourney- I see Duke & UNC getting exposed with BC being the ACC's best shot at going deep. Love watching BC play-  FSU. Maryland, Clemson were NOT good eoungh to be in the tourney-

1367294[/snapback]

I agree. I'm an ACC fan through and through (root mostly for Duke, though) but I don't see Duke making as much noise as in years past. They seem to be just barely winning games the last month or so. BC is looking strong. Then again, Duke just beat them.

I'm a hugh ACC fan (Go Heels), but we only deserved 4 this year, FSU played a horrible non conference schedule (although it was better than Air Force's :P ) and I think with a win vs. Wake they had an arguement. Unlike most years the mediocre records of the middle of the pack teams were not made from the ACC beating up on each other, but from losing to non-con teams. As far as the big dance goes, I see BC as a Final Four team, Duke as a Final Eight, my Heels getting to the Sweet Sixteen and the Pack maybe winning the first game, but losing in the Round of 32.