[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comic Book Trivia

PantherDave

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it : :D

The Thunder Clap is a form of dance that incorporates clapping in the air with a sliding motion. To perform this dance one must raise one hand and then with the second hand meet the first one half way making a clapping sound. Than that hand must fully extend. This motion is repeated to the beat of the music. Numerous artists use this dance move in videos and on tour. For example, Usher, Lil Jon and the East Side Boys all performed this dance during the Confessions World Tour.

The Beastie Boys reference this move in a lyric from the song "Dr. Lee, PhD", on the album, Hello Nasty:

Lift up your cap and rise up and hap

Do the thunder clap great hall of fire on the sky

And reap your time weep your mind

Weepin' time reapin' time harvest harvest time

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Clap"

Category: Dance moves

Ok-What is a "ThunderClap"....and no, it's not Mr. Mexico's other alias.

Is that when the Thing would smack his paws together, creating a shockwave that knocked people off their feet?

If it isn't, I don't know.

Is that when the Thing would smack his paws together, creating a shockwave that knocked people off their feet?

If it isn't, I don't know.

Close, as the Thing borrowed the move from the Hulk. But yes-correct

Edited by PantherDave

Thanks-I always miss-spell that, OK-who came up with the name :D

I can't recall if Stan Lee cribbed it from the myths, but I recall the name being in place before Simonson took over, so I'll go with Stan the Man.

EDIT - took a look and it's in the myths, so I guess the correct answer is Snorri Sturluson. At least he's the first guy who wrote it down.

Edited by Chavez

Who was the Elder of the Universe that boxed (that is not a misprint) The Thing, Wonder Man, the Hulk, Sasquatch, Colossus, and Thor in Marvel Team Up Annual #7?

The Beyonder...or the Stranger :D

Nope, it was the first appearance of The Champion of the Universe.

The story at face value is tremendously stupid (the Champion goes and boxes the best strongmen from planets through the Universe to determine the planet's worthiness to continue existing) but good fun.