[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comic Book Trivia

PantherDave

Well, Ronald Raymond WAS hold self with professor Stein. Now it's Jayson Rusch(sp?), who can combine with anybody now, thoguh mostly Stein and Firehawk.

Ah, I am old school, I was thinking Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, well, the 3 of us can spend more time on the corner then together

Name the 4 heroes who replace the "original" Avengers (Iron Man, Wasp, Ant Man, Thor, Hulk, um...some other guys...I'm a few beers into it here)

Name the 4 heroes who replace the "original" Avengers (Iron Man, Wasp, Ant Man, Thor, Hulk, um...some other guys...I'm a few beers into it here)

Trick question! Cap and 3 villains replace them, in one of the best comic curve balls of all time! Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye!!

Let's keep it on old school Avengers...

Hank Pym was a terror Looong before they made him a wife beater (worst ongoign idea ever). Anyways, his mental illness directly led to the creation of what 2 heroes and 1 villain?

Hank Pym was a terror Looong before they made him a wife beater (worst ongoign idea ever). Anyways, his mental illness directly led to the creation of what 2 heroes and 1 villain?

Is this a Hank Pym's alter egos question? Because I can work that mojo big time...

Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Yellowjacket, Dr. Pym, and he built Ultron.

Is this a Hank Pym's alter egos question? Because I can work that mojo big time...

Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Yellowjacket, Dr. Pym, and he built Ultron.

Right... PLus he was Goliath for a while, when he lost the ability to shrink back to normal size temporarily... Ultron later went on to build what two other characters?

Double followup: What hero dropped their costumed identity to become Giant Man for a period when Pym was Yellowjacket (best Pym character ever).

Right... PLus he was Goliath for a while, when he lost the ability to shrink back to normal size temporarily... Ultron later went on to build what two other characters?

Ah, ya bastage, Goliath is going deep. I thought of it but figure that was too :nerd:y for anyone.

The Vision and Jocasta.

Double followup: What hero dropped their costumed identity to become Giant Man for a period when Pym was Yellowjacket (best Pym character ever).

Hawkeye became Giant-Man 2 with a Rob Halford-pleasing half shirt.

There was also a black Giant Man, can't recall the details of the dude right now.

Oh, and props to Yellowjacket, that was a GREAT creation.

Here's a beaut for you - if you know the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, what DC group did Dave Cockrum base them on?

Ah, ya bastage, Goliath is going deep. I thought of it but figure that was too nerdy for anyone.

You can't possibly get 'too nerdy" on me...

The Vision and Jocasta.

Hawkeye became Giant-Man 2 with a Rob Halford-pleasing half shirt.

heh, that's absolutely right!! Especially that Halford comment!

There was also a black Giant Man, can't recall the details of the dude right now.

Don't remember how he got his powers, but he had a horribly fantastic 70's costume... but the key thing to know about him now is a Thor Clone blew a hole threw him and killed him in Cival War recently.

If i remember correctly, a couple of the characters were actually designed FOR the Legion book, but he left and reused the designs at Marvel (some of his X-Men designs came from that too, like Storm and Nightcrawler).

Read a GREAT article in a mag called Back Issue - one of my co-stars in the zombie movie I starred in brought it and I checked it during some down-time :D - but anyway, it was basically a conversation between Cockrum and Mike Grell about their time on Legion, and how Cockrum wanted to totally redesign the LoSH costumes but DC wouldn't let him so he basically took it all with him to Marvel when he took over X-Men and it resulted in the coolest-looking (well, for the 70s) super-team out there.

What character's "brain scan peronality" (or somethign) did Ultron steal to use as Jocasta's programmed personality?

Janet Pym

double bubble:

What body did Ultron use to create the Vision?

The original Human Torch.

This level of depth means you know whose "brain scan personality" (or something) Ultron used to program the Vision, and what his super-villain name his brother traveled under?

one of my co-stars in the zombie movie I starred in brought it and I checked it during some down-time

Whoa-- waitaminute.... SEXPLAIN!! Zombies, especially Romeroverse Zombies, are my 3rd great passion after Football and comics!

it was basically a conversation between Cockrum and Mike Grell about their time on Legion, and how Cockrum wanted to totally redesign the LoSH costumes but DC wouldn't let him so he basically took it all with him to Marvel when he took over X-Men and it resulted in the coolest-looking (well, for the 70s) super-team out there.

I would love to read that article... do you knwo what issue? I would like to track it down, does this mag just talk abotu 60-80's comics?

Janet Pym

The original Human Torch.

right and right...

This level of depth means you know whose "brain scan personality" (or something) Ultron used to program the Vision, and what his super-villain name his brother traveled under?

I'm big on old school Marvel even thoguh I read mostly DC these days.

Simon Williams, Wonder Man, baby

Who created Wonderman as an "agent' to betray the Avengers, only to be betrayed himself?

I would love to read that article... do you knwo what issue? I would like to track it down, does this mag just talk abotu 60-80's comics?

Backissue! #14, Jan 06. I don't know that it's worth $9, but I know I've spent nine bucks on worse things.

Whoa-- waitaminute.... SEXPLAIN!! Zombies, especially Romeroverse Zombies, are my 3rd great passion after Football and comics!

Details to be found here.

It's done, but the director said he hasn't gotten the edit to where he wants it yet - and since he looked a bit crazy about the eyes after filming and editing a 25-minute movie for about 3 months, I wasn't going to press him.

Who created Wonderman as an "agent' to betray the Avengers, only to be betrayed himself?

I think he was one of the old-school Masters of Evil, so probably Baron Zemo.

Backissue! #14, Jan 06. I don't know that it's worth $9, but I know I've spent nine bucks on worse things.

Details to be found here.

It's done, but the director said he hasn't gotten the edit to where he wants it yet - and since he looked a bit crazy about the eyes after filming and editing a 25-minute movie for about 3 months, I wasn't going to press him.

That's too bad, I'm all about watching a zombie film. There's a site I go to alot that has a board with a few indi-indi zombie film makers on there...

homepageofthedead.com

Look forward to seeing yours on YouTube semeday!

oh... and right answer.

Question:

How many people have been "Captain America"?

4. Maybe 5? I remember the annual where they looked at all the guys who wore the mask. Published in the 80's, my first run in with the wacked out 50's Cap who replaced Steve Rogers.

Lotta Marvel floating around, but here's a classic DC question:

- name the 6 types of classic kryptonite (Black kryptonite from smallville doesn't count), and what they do....

Damn... ummm..

Green: kills him

Red: can do anything, if i remember. like its totally unkown what it will do

Yellow: depowers him forever?

damn, i cant think of anymore, thgouh i am sure there is one that is like, Bizzarro Kryptonite or soemthign.

4. Maybe 5? I remember the annual where they looked at all the guys who wore the mask. Published in the 80's, my first run in with the wacked out 50's Cap who replaced Steve Rogers.

4, not counting the mini series that kinda revised written Cap history a few years ago by adding a 5th

(Black guy who was tested on in the 40's). Not sur eif that is in continuity or not

1Steve Rogers

2 Spirit of 76

3 Patriot

4 ___Walker, became "US Agent"

I remember reading all that in a great "What If' I beleive...

• 1 month later...