[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golf fans

Gopher

Not sure if there would be enough interest, but I thought I would throw this out there... Thinking of doing a fantasy golf contest to help pass the time between fantasy football seasons. Nothing set in stone, as I don't know if we would be able to find enough people to get this going, but here is a brief outline of what I'm thinking:

- No draft

- Each participant picks five players each week, from the field, and one alternate (in case one of your players drops at the last minute).

- Deadline would be Wednesday night at midnight.

- Money earnings determine standings. Missed cut = $0

- Undecided on whether there would be a limit on how many times you could pick a particular player... Either unlimited or a set limit for the season.

- Would start with the Masters in April, and end with the PGA Championship in August. Could start sooner if it was up and running in time.

- Picks would be made here (on the Huddle).

- I could track everything on Excel, and send out updates weekly.

- $20 per person... Payouts to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (cumulative for the season).

- If enough interest, possibly a side pool for the 4/5 Majors (I would include the Players Championship so there is one major per month April-August).

Please post here if interested. :wacko:

I'm in if there is interest. The one thing I like to do in golf leagues is exclude Tiger Woods. Everybody is going to pick him up anyways, so it takes 20% of the skill out of it. I don't know if you'd be interested, but Yahoo has a somewhat similar setup for their free league (you can only use each player up to 9 times).

I'm in if there is interest. The one thing I like to do in golf leagues is exclude Tiger Woods. Everybody is going to pick him up anyways, so it takes 20% of the skill out of it. I don't know if you'd be interested, but Yahoo has a somewhat similar setup for their free league (you can only use each player up to 9 times).

I would prefer to be able to use Tiger, but only a limited number of times per season, so it's not necessarily a no-brainer to select him when he plays. I'll check out Yahoo... Hopefully, we can get some more interest in this, as I think golf leagues are fun. Low maintenance, easy to follow, and they make Sunday afternoon golf that much more interesting. :wacko: