[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arod a Yankee

Sgt. Ryan

what is this world coming to, when 1 team can buy every FA out there.

A half a billion dollar infield is what they are calling it

Arod 252 Mil

Jeter 100+ mil

Giambi 160+ mil

and thats not even including anyone to play 2B.

As a Ranger fan, sad but true, Im actually glad by this trade. Soriano is going to be a star, and he wont get half the jack Arod got, when he is an UFA in 2006. Conteras moves to their #1 starter, and this catching prospect is suppose to be the 2nd best in the minor leagues behind the Twins catcher that went #1 overall ahead of Mark Prior.

Texas has some huge holes on their team, but 1B, 2B, 3B, and the OF arent any of them. Move Soriano to play SS, and Texas has 150 mil worth of space to sign pitching instead of just 1 player, Arod. But the problem is Chan Ho Park was a bust, and Texas obviously doesnt know how to scout good pitching, as the drafts in the past have shown.

The rich get richer in the Yanks, and I still predict the Cubs will beat them in 7 games of this yrs WS. If not the cubs, I predict Houston will win it all. But the Yanks have old pitching that does not include a lefty in their arsonal. And to say teh Yanks will still have the breathing room to take on more salary for pitching at the break, is far fetched now with Arods 25 mil added to their 170 mil payroll already.

A-Rod is the best player in the game right now, but Soriano is not that far behind and he's only been in the league for a few years. So, the Yankees didn't "buy" A-Rod. They traded one of the best players in the game to get one of the best players in the game. You must give credit to the Yankees since they are getting A-Rod at good bargain with Texas still having to pay for $67 millon of his salary. So, in reality, they are only paying him about $112 million for seven years.

Italian Stallion:

You must give credit to the Yankees since they are getting A-Rod at good bargain with Texas still having to pay for $67 millon of his salary.  So, in reality, they are only paying him about $112 million for seven years.

Oh, is that all? $16m per year from the Yanks? Poor guy will be grubbing in the dumpster for his dinner next.

I'd like to see his W-2s at the end of the year, they must have special extensions to fit all the zeroes on.

Nice post Sarge, and I agree. BTW, are you getting ready for the Zealots "Masters League" draft starting March 1? brow All 12 league winners square off, and you my friend, are going down! smash

Although, I do have my Fantasy Baseball League draft starting Feb. 25 also! doah loco

Sgt. Ryan:

Italian Stallion:

...and reports are that Contreras and the minor league catcher are not part of the deal.  It is a player to be named later.  Which will be a minor league pitcher.

Texas would be foolish as hell to not get those 2 other players. And if you add over 100 mil to your payroll on 1 player, you bought a player, PERIOD> Hey Sarge,

Do you think two years down the road when Soriano is a free agent that he won't get a huge contract for over $100 million? When Texas can't pay that, I'll be enjoying seeing him back at 2nd base for the Yankees!! smash flag

...and that's $112 over the next 7 years for A-rod. Pretty good bargain for the best player in baseball if you ask me.