[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst late "relief" / "defense" I may have ever seen

BS Miscreant

Rays enter the bottom of the 8th holding an 8 run lead and the 9th with a 6 run lead.

Thayer faces 9 batters, gives up 5 hits, a walk and 4 runs

Choate faces 1 batter, error (Brignac throws a ball into right field), 1 run

Balfour faces 3 batters, gets one out, gives up a walk and a 2 run homer with 2 out in the 9th. He threw a total of 14 pitches (only 6 strikes)

Isringhausen faces 4 batters, gives up 3 walks, and a game winning hit. Threw 23 pitches (only 9 strikes) :wacko:

Absolutely putrid!

The Rays are leading the bigs in runs scored but are a game under .500

As a fan, I'm quite concerned.

Rays enter the bottom of the 8th holding an 8 run lead and the 9th with a 6 run lead.

Thayer faces 9 batters, gives up 5 hits, a walk and 4 runs

Choate faces 1 batter, error (Brignac throws a ball into right field), 1 run

Balfour faces 3 batters, gets one out, gives up a walk and a 2 run homer with 2 out in the 9th. He threw a total of 14 pitches (only 6 strikes)

Isringhausen faces 4 batters, gives up 3 walks, and a game winning hit. Threw 23 pitches (only 9 strikes) :wacko:

Absolutely putrid!

The Rays are leading the bigs in runs scored but are a game under .500

As a fan, I'm quite concerned.

Sounds like my Mariners of the 90s. Easily half the games they lost were do to blowing pretty decent leads after the 6th inning.

MY Mariner's?

Thought you grew up in the bay??

what u talking bout?

Grew up in the bay, yes. But I had family in Seattle and was just getting old enough to be into sports about the same time the Hawks and Mariners were starting, the Sonics were battling the Bullets for titles, and the Huskies were shocking the Wolverines in the 78(?) Rose Bowl. So, my first favorite teams were those. Because the Mariners were so god awful for so long, I certainly pulled for them big time when they finally turned the corner. And considering that I grew up in a Giants house, I was no fan of the As, so it didn't hurt that I had a specific team to root for against them as well as the fact that, because of As coverage, I got to see them or listen to them on the radio reasonably often.

Same with the Hawks vs the Raiders because I was in a Niners house. Over time, I started rooting for the Seattle teams less and less in favor of SF teams, particularly once the Niners and Hawks were in the same division. However, in baseball, considering how rarely teams from different leagues play one another, I think you can have a favorite AL and favorite NL team and the Mariners and Giants certainly are that.