[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't you hate it when someone quits your local 48hrs before the draft..

slambo

I've commished my local for about ten years now and have had those untimely dropouts to deal with on occasion This year it looked like two owners were gonna have to draft by phone. But today I got this email:

I'll be there tomorrow night. I told Cindy that FFL is way more important than a 10 year anniversary.

What time should I tell Gary (from the Ale house) we will be there? 6:30? 7:00?

Slats

:wacko::D

of course after the draft its :D

Edited by slambo

I've commished my local for about ten years now and have had those untimely dropouts to deal with on occasion This year it looked like two owners were gonna have to draft by phone. But today I got this email:

I'll be there tomorrow night. I told Cindy that FFL is way more important than a 10 year anniversary.

What time should I tell Gary (from the Ale house) we will be there? 6:30? 7:00?

Slats

:wacko::D

of course after the draft its :D

How daft is he getting married during draft season? Pfft!

One of my wife's dopey friends that resides in Connecticut decided to get married on Labor Day weekend about 10 years ago. That was also when I had my live draft and I was the commish. I nicely, but firmly, told my wife I wasn't flying to CT to go to a wedding. We had what could best be described as a lengthy, yet heated, verbal exchange.

I told my wife that her friend was somewhat selfish getting married on Labor Day weekend, I found her friend to be irritating (which my wife already knew), and I wasn't giving up several months of good fun to go to this wedding. In the end, my wife accepted my decision.

At the reception, my wife's friend had a cash bar. A glass of wine was $5. About 3 years later, her friend was divorced. I still play fantasy football. Draw your own conclusions.