[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

when is a mouse or two an infestation ?

frenzal rhomb

Well - never had an issue with mice, but the house across the street from me burned down a few months agoi and now they are renovating. Along with the fact that I have a farm across the steet and an uncultivated field behind my house - now they are across the street pounding with hammers and filling dumpsters with debris and probably left over food/trash.

Couple days ago found a mouse in my sink and this morning my wife hears rustling outside our living room window - take the flashlight out and sure enough a mouse had scaled the brick wall and was sitting on my shutter trying to climb into the soffit of the overhang of my porch.

my question is this, is this just a coincidence or is it pretty evident that that disaster across the street is gonna attract and then cause the vermin to migrate over ??

Well - never had an issue with mice, but the house across the street from me burned down a few months agoi and now they are renovating. Along with the fact that I have a farm across the steet and an uncultivated field behind my house - now they are across the street pounding with hammers and filling dumpsters with debris and probably left over food/trash.

Couple days ago found a mouse in my sink and this morning my wife hears rustling outside our living room window - take the flashlight out and sure enough a mouse had scaled the brick wall and was sitting on my shutter trying to climb into the soffit of the overhang of my porch.

my question is this, is this just a coincidence or is it pretty evident that that disaster across the street is gonna attract and then cause the vermin to migrate over ??

Make sure you keep all food, especially trash and dogfood where they can't get it. We actually had a similar issue when rats got kicked out of an abandoned house across the street, and a few found their way over here. We got a small metal trash can with a lid that we still keep the dogfood in.

I meant to reply to the "under the sink" thread, because that was where they were tunneling (and using as their personal bathroom, yuck!). The actually chewed the pvc U-pipes trying to find food once we put it all up.

I think we got all of them by using one of those electronic shock traps. It says to use peanut butter, but these had grown a taste for dogfood, and so that worked like a charm.

As long as there is food around there, you'll have to go the elimination route.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

When I moved into my first house in Marietta I had rat issues, not mice, I mean big chihuahua looking mothers. I mean these things would get hit by the big rat traps and lift the bar off their neck, find me and cuss me out. They used to chase off the mailman.

Anywho, I purchased these sonic mouse/rat deterrent boxes, put one in the attic, one in the crawl space and a bunch of little one's in the house. Two days, no more rats.

You can get 'em at Home Depot (or Lowe's, I'm assuming). The little ones for the house look like glade plug ins, almost. The big ones are box looking contraptions. The big one's are about $50 or $60. I'm sure you can get 'em on line, too. Ultrasonic rodent repellers. Dogs can't hear 'em. Except the big super bad ass one I had in the crawl space it is audible if you are in the crawl space with it.

Here are the little ones (Mine were actually "Victor" brand.)

Meant to add. Don't just buy one of the little ones and think that will do it. YOu need to have one of the little ones in just about every room to ensure that the mice don't just migrate somewhere else. The big ones, well they'll cover about 3,000 to 5,000 SF.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I don't think you're infested but it sounds like the elements for an infestation are definately in place. You'd better take action now. As the weather starts getting cooler these little mothers are looking to move indoors. Keep an eye out for droppings as they are a good indicator of where they like hanging out in your house. These bastards chit a lot, so don't think because if you see a lot of chit that you're already infested. Though time is of the essence so don't delay.

The mice are being forced from their homes based on what's happening around your house, and they are looking for a new place to live. Never tried those ultra-sonic things that SEC mentioned, but you better do something or they'll be setting up base camp in your house and making babies and that's when the real fun starts!

The mice are being forced from their homes based on what's happening around your house, and they are looking for a new place to live. Never tried those ultra-sonic things that SEC mentioned, but you better do something or they'll be setting up base camp in your house and making babies and that's when the real fun starts!

We are - we keep the dog food in containers and we are looking for the tell "tail" signs. So far no poop and nothing chewed up, but yeah - we will be laying out some traps in the garage and I have the Ehrilch man on speed dial - sucks for me that the dump across the street is going to cost me a headache and an arm and a leg - plus the good news is its the guy whos dog mauled my dog getting paid to create more misery for me

My second suggestion is to purchase 8 burmese pythons, keep a few inside a couple under the house and a couple in the attic.

The snake idea is good, but 8 is too many and he has mice, not capybaras. He does not need pythons. Any indigenous rodent killer will do. Obviously it is safer to go the constrictor route than say a pit viper of some kind, but to each their own.

The snake idea is good, but 8 is too many and he has mice, not capybaras. He does not need pythons. Any indigenous rodent killer will do. Obviously it is safer to go the constrictor route than say a pit viper of some kind, but to each their own.

If yer gonna go constrictor, you may as well go big. Now, I could also procure some eastern diamond back rattlers for you. These would actually be the best one's as they come with a warning device installed. I would shy away from moccasins, they have a tendency to be a bit aggressive. The other option is to go with a South American viper, a fer de lance or bushmaster. The African pit vipers seem to be a bit more lazy, so I'm not sure that you wanna go that route. Though, the Gabon viper does shave some of the largest fangs of any pit viper in the world (though the bush master is quite comparable.) If you wanna go for the quick kill you could import a taipan or brown snake from Australia or something exotic like the Krait from Malaysia. If you just wanna go with a snake that sounds cool and when you tell yer friends what it is they kinda get this look in their eyes, go with the death adder.

If you go with snakes, the mouse will call his friend the honey badger, who will in turn kill all your snakes and pets and f*ck your wife in the ass when he's done.

I tried to honey badger my wife last night... got hit on the head with a frying pan.

It doesn't matter what she's against, the honey badger does what he wants, when he wants. The assf*cking would be inevitable. He might f*ck you in the ass too if he gets really pissed.

\

The voice of the honey badger is a hoarse "khrya-ya-ya-ya" sound. When mating, males emit loud grunting sounds.[4] Cubs vocalise through plaintive whines.[6] When confronting dogs, honey badgers scream like bear cubs.

I just had an image of me bent over hearing this - it actually cracked me up

\

The voice of the honey badger is a hoarse "khrya-ya-ya-ya" sound. When mating, males emit loud grunting sounds.[4] Cubs vocalise through plaintive whines.[6] When confronting dogs, honey badgers scream like bear cubs.

I just had an image of me bent over hearing this - it actually cracked me up

The honey badger laughs last.