[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keeper thoughts

cymy13

I am in a league that allows us to keep up to three players/ year.  Keepers are kept two spots higher than the year before.  My top 4 prospects are Crowell as a 6, Winston as a 10, then Tyreek Hill and Hunter Henry as Free Agents which makes them either 16th or 14th rounders.  Just looking at thoughts on which 3 keepers people would lean toward.

What makes Hill or Henry a 16th v. 14th rounder?  Not that it really matters because I think you should keep both of them at those draft positions.  Then it's a close call between the other two, but I think Crowell for the 6th is a better value than Winston at the 10th.  Then you have your TE, a WR2 and a RB2, and you can use your first five rounds to get your 1s, QB and Flex.  I think you're in a solid position with those keepers.

2 hours ago, Air It Out said:

What makes Hill or Henry a 16th v. 14th rounder?  Not that it really matters because I think you should keep both of them at those draft positions.  Then it's a close call between the other two, but I think Crowell for the 6th is a better value than Winston at the 10th.  Then you have your TE, a WR2 and a RB2, and you can use your first five rounds to get your 1s, QB and Flex.  I think you're in a solid position with those keepers.

One of my leagues operates the same way. Since Henry and Hill were not drafted in his league and sounds like he has 16 rounds, that would mean if he kept Henry and or Hill it would cost him a 14th rd. 

I agree Crowell in the 6th is solid value, and Hill in the 14th is tremendous value. Would you be able to keep Henry and Hill since it would cost you the same round (at least in our league) and you obviously don't have 2 14th rd picks.

We have 18 rounds, but I'm not sure if we begin at 18 or 16 for keepers.  With Hill and Henry both being free agent keepers, one would be, say 16 one at 15.  What's nice is I have the 5th pick, then the 8th through a trade from last year.  Next question is whether to go wr and rb, or two stud wr, which would give me a mean starting three. 

In that case, you probably have to keep both Hill and Henry for those values, and as I said, for the 3rd, go with Crowell.  As for drafting, that depends on PPR or Standard.  You also haven't said how many teams or how many guys you start.  I assume it's 10 or 12.  With the 5th pick, you will likely have the choice of one of DJ, Bell, Elliot, Brown, or Julio.  Whichever of those 5 is available, you take.  If it's one of the RBs (which I doubt), then you absolutely have to take either Evans, Green, or Jordy with the 8, no matter what.  If it's PPR, then I'd almost consider taking two WR1s with the 5 and 8 (to get Julio - the likely 5 - and Evans/Green/Jordy in PPR is phenomenal).  If non-PPR, you're likely to get Julio with the 5 (you could get OBJ instead, but I prefer Julio), and you'll probably want to get a RB1 to pair with Crowell.  Personally, I'd stay away from DeMarco Murray.  I have him in a PPR Auction Draft league and can get him for $34 of a $200 budget, but I'm strongly considering not keeping him even at that value (and keeping Perkins for $6 and Abdullah for $15 instead) because I don't believe he has a strong year.  I think he gets hampered by some injuries and Tennessee wanting to rest him more as well as see what exactly they have in D. Henry.  I'd rather have Shady or Howard, and maybe even Ajayi or Gordon instead of Murray, and that's saying something because I don't trust Miami and the Chargers have always been pass-happy and have a lot of offensive weapons (plus you're gonna have Henry at TE).

12 hours ago, cymy13 said:

We have 18 rounds, but I'm not sure if we begin at 18 or 16 for keepers.  With Hill and Henry both being free agent keepers, one would be, say 16 one at 15.  What's nice is I have the 5th pick, then the 8th through a trade from last year.  Next question is whether to go wr and rb, or two stud wr, which would give me a mean starting three. 

Keep Hill, Henry and Crowell at those prices.

As to the suggestion on who to draft, that;s hard to say without knowing everyone that was kept and who you are likely looking at, what your lineup requirements are and what the scoring system is.  start 1 RB vs 2 plus possible flex or 3 required WR, etc and then things like PPR or non-PPR all have a major influence on value and the direction one should take in the draft.

I'm going to buck the trend a little and advise trying to trade Hill for draft upgrade(s) or a different keeper option if possible.  He's losing return opportunities and will be focused on as the WR1 now by defenses.  He barely reached around 600 yards last year as a receiver and expecting his backfield opportunities to continue now that the team brought in Kareem to compliment Spencer is a shaky proposition.  His bust potential is quite large. 

If not possible I guess you have to go with him because of the value, but I'd be pretty tempted to let him go and have someone else overspend for him in the draft. 

Edited by Def.