[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper question

12 team standard league w/

- 6pt/TD for all players 

- bonuses for QB over 300 yds & RB/WR/TE over 100 yds

Here are my choices for keepers (I can only keep one):

- David Johnson (1st rd)

- Melvin Gordon (6th rd)

- Matt Ryan (11th rd)

- Michael Thomas (12th rd)

Please help! Thanks!

What pick do you have in the 1st, and what RBs do you think will be available?  If you can keep Gordon in the 6th or Thomas in the 12th and still get DJ, Bell, Zeke, or a WR like Brown, Julio, or Evans, I'd consider doing that.  Those are some good values for those two guys (especially Thomas).  It's really hard to give up a guy like DJ, but it may be better for the overall team.

1 hour ago, Air It Out said:

What pick do you have in the 1st, and what RBs do you think will be available?  If you can keep Gordon in the 6th or Thomas in the 12th and still get DJ, Bell, Zeke, or a WR like Brown, Julio, or Evans, I'd consider doing that.  Those are some good values for those two guys (especially Thomas).  It's really hard to give up a guy like DJ, but it may be better for the overall team.

I agree, you will probably be better off keeping Gordon or Thomas at their values and keeping your first round pick and grabbing another top talent to go with them. Depending on what pick you have and who you think might be available, you could/should consider shopping the ones you are not going to keep to teams that may not have as good of options.

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately I don't know the draft order yet. I do know that Bell, Zeke, ODB, McCoy, and Evans will most likely be unavailable since they will be used as keepers, so that eliminates a chunk of the 1st round talent. So the question now is do I keep Melvin Gordon or Michael Thomas? Not sure I could work out a draft day trade (it's never been done before in our league) but could be worth a shot. Thanks again.

12 hours ago, Midnight77 said:

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately I don't know the draft order yet. I do know that Bell, Zeke, ODB, McCoy, and Evans will most likely be unavailable since they will be used as keepers, so that eliminates a chunk of the 1st round talent. So the question now is do I keep Melvin Gordon or Michael Thomas? Not sure I could work out a draft day trade (it's never been done before in our league) but could be worth a shot. Thanks again.

Start working the trade market now.... realistically anything you get is better than giving the player back for nothing.

So let's say you decide to keep Thomas for your 12th.    You may be able to get someone to take Gordon from you and even if all you do is something like get his 5th for your 7th, you've essentially improved one of your picks by two rounds for a player you couldn't have kept anyway.