[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Passing on Zeke??

Dawg Pile

I'm in a 12 man PPR Keeper League. With Zeke being suspended I know he'll be available at the #4 spot where I'm drafting. The smart thing to do is pass on him and go after an elite WR in that spot since I know David Johnson is being kept and Bell will go either 1 or 2.

My dilemma is the team that is keeping David Johnson will absolutely swoop in on Elliott with the #12 pick. Should I take Zeke at #4 to prevent this other team from stacking up at RB or continue to draft an elite WR?

Thanks for your input.

23 minutes ago, Dawg Pile said:

Yes, he goes back in the pool next year. We can't keep anyone we draft in the first three rounds. So do you think I should pass on him?

I pass because in a keeper his value comes from being able to have him beyond this season. If you can wait to see what comes of his appeal, it will make the decision easier.... if the 6 games holds, you pass on him, at 4 or less games, its a coin flip, Leveon Bell won many a championship last year for owners willing to wait on him (though the real payoff come for those that were able to get him at end of 1st/early 2nd). Suspension overturned and he may not be there for you at 4.

16 hours ago, Dawg Pile said:

Yes, he goes back in the pool next year. We can't keep anyone we draft in the first three rounds. So do you think I should pass on him?

Yeah I'd pass, too much season is gone and he's not worth with it if he's back in the pool again.  You're team will be better without him.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is a follow up,

I passed on Elliott in my draft. I drafted in a PPR Format and My team look like this;

QB Winston

QB Palmer

RB Hunt

RB Cook

RB D. Johnson

RB Lacy 

RB J. Rogers

WR OBJ

WR M. Thomas

WR D. Parker

WR C. Coleman

TE Henry

TE Witten

K  Sturgis

K Succop

Def Vikings

Def Chargers

Hod do you think I did?

Thanks

I would think about it...I took him....look worst case is 6 games.  Appeal could bring to 5 or 4.  Either way if he decides to ligitgate the issue, the suspension gets a stay and he gets to play until the court date which could be next year.

13 minutes ago, Dawg Pile said:

So here is a follow up,

I passed on Elliott in my draft. I drafted in a PPR Format and My team look like this;

QB Winston

QB Palmer

RB Hunt

RB Cook

RB D. Johnson

RB Lacy 

RB J. Rogers

WR OBJ

WR M. Thomas

WR D. Parker

WR C. Coleman

TE Henry

TE Witten

K  Sturgis

K Succop

Def Vikings

Def Chargers

Hod do you think I did?

Thanks

Your RB's are young up top but with upside and starting roles which is good, The WR's are nice, OBJ/MT both will contribute a lot in catches/yards and TD's. Cook should catch a lot of balls out of the backfield.  Duke is a receiving back. Parker carries some upside of big play and TD's hopefully he outshines the PPR machine Landry with Cutler throwing.

This is how I would expect my team to look like in a 12 team at least early on.  I like the mix of elite talent, and upside, there is some risk.  Rogers will probably be replaceable when D.Mart comes back. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dawg Pile said:

It does but those are the rules of the league I'm in.

I figured as much.. I wouldn't guess a league would be that deep on the bench unless they had some rule that you must have a backup at each position.  Thins out the waivers but also keeps people honest on position stacking (at least a little bit).

• Like 1