[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I exercise my right to whine

Dcat

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I have 2 teams that each have Allen Robinson, Kevin White and David Johnson.  Way to start the season

No sympathy with Kevin White :D

But yeah incredibly tough break on the others. I loved David Johnson pre-season but was never in a position to get him.

Proud David Johnson owner in a keeper league. Had him since week 1 of his rookie year. Was riding high ever since, it was over due for me but I'm still pretty butt hurt about it. Playing for next year in week 1 is never a good way to feel. Lol

Edited by Inziladun

26 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

If your season is over because of 1 player, well then, I hate to say it, but you drafted crappy. Just say'n. 

Wasn't just one player. Lost Spencer Ware and A-Rob as well. Still got Dez, Amari Cooper and Stefon Diggs with some depth on the bench in Corey Coleman but my RBs are Murray, Theo Riddick and Rawls. Not to derail thread too much but I'm going to still try to win but overall my hope is kinda thin.

Edited by Inziladun
Typos

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

If a draft were held today, Mr David Johnson would be a third round pick.  By a savvy drafter.

You're kidding right?  A 3rd round pick for a player who won't even be available until fantasy playoffs start?

I could see taking a flyer in the 9th or 10th round on the off chance he heals from wrist surgery faster than most, but then you are also relying on the Cardinals being in a position where they are fighting for a playoff spot to risk his health.

I am not convinced the Cardinals will even be sniffing for a playoff berth by the time he "could" come back.

53 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

You're kidding right?  A 3rd round pick for a player who won't even be available until fantasy playoffs start?

I could see taking a flyer in the 9th or 10th round on the off chance he heals from wrist surgery faster than most, but then you are also relying on the Cardinals being in a position where they are fighting for a playoff spot to risk his health.

I am not convinced the Cardinals will even be sniffing for a playoff berth by the time he "could" come back.

I might be exaggerating a bit.  How about a 5th round pick.  If he does come back in 8 weeks, he would be well worth it.

Edited by michaelredd9

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

I might be exaggerating a bit.  How about a 5th round pick.  If he does come back in 8 weeks, he would be well worth it.

David Johnson - RB - Arizona Cardinals
Posted 9/13/17 7:14am ET 

Updating previous reports, Arizona Cardinals RB David Johnson (wrist) will have surgery on his dislocated wrist Thursday, Sept. 14, and the team is hoping he returns in December.

Huddle Up: He was originally given a two-to-three-month timeframe, but that appears it was optimistic on the front end. We're looking at 10 to 12 weeks, but even that isn't a given the way Ian Rapoport's tweet was framed. If you have five bench spots or more, and you can sacrifice depth at a position, he's worth stashing for the fantasy playoffs. Kerwynn Williams and Andre Ellington figure to be in a committee approach in Johnson's absence. Both are RB3 options to target on waivers.

Just now, DanTheMan_5 said:
David Johnson - RB - Arizona Cardinals
Posted 9/13/17 7:14am ET 

Updating previous reports, Arizona Cardinals RB David Johnson (wrist) will have surgery on his dislocated wrist Thursday, Sept. 14, and the team is hoping he returns in December.

Huddle Up: He was originally given a two-to-three-month timeframe, but that appears it was optimistic on the front end. We're looking at 10 to 12 weeks, but even that isn't a given the way Ian Rapoport's tweet was framed. If you have five bench spots or more, and you can sacrifice depth at a position, he's worth stashing for the fantasy playoffs. Kerwynn Williams and Andre Ellington figure to be in a committee approach in Johnson's absence. Both are RB3 options to target on waivers.

Okay, 6th round pick

Optimistically, he's back for week 12.  And you're not going to play him week 12, because you want to see him have a good game first.

SO now you are, best case scenario, probably sitting on him until the first week of fantasy playoffs.  So yeah, I guess I'd roster him if I already had him, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see him until 2018.

It would be different if I believed the Cardinals might actually be fighting for a playoff spot.

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I traded Delanie Walker for him.  I have a stud on my bench waiting for the fantasy playoffs.  It is 20 man rosters so having him on reserve won't force me in to any tough decisions.

20 man roster yeah, why not.

Who is your other TE?

Remember, you have to MAKE the playoffs to play him :)