[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sterling Shephard's Value

kdko

OBJ is on IR and will need surgery, and Brandon Marshall announced earlier on twitter that he's going to surgery as well. Once he returns from whatever his ankle ailment is (i assume it's not too serious), he's going to be the Giants #1 receiver.  This has had value over the years.  Strong WR2, with WR1 potential mid season onwards...?  This team really has no other decent options, and Shephard has shown to have a good connection with Eli on games where he's constantly looking for him.

Sterling is talented. I like him as player. Ankle injury has me pretty worried but if he stats healthy I'd peg him as a solid WR2 with a bit of upside. I do think he benefited from having OBJ drawing attention but the volume will be there for sure. He could be a garbage time goldmine. I traded Ellington for him because I desperately needed a bit of hope at my WR spot and was swimming in RB2s. So here's to hoping.

Edited by Inziladun

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

hold sterling until he puts up a good game and then trade him as that'll be his last good game of the season.

Trade him or cry like sterling.

And you are basing this on what? In PPR leagues he has been a decent WR3 for WR needy teams. Without OBJ and Marshall, he now the defacto #1 WR. Why would you trade him? What are you basing a sudden tank after a good game? I'm gonna ride his butt to the playoffs. You can do what you want :lol: 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you might be right, but I think he won't and this pretty much destroy's Manning's value.

since they're 0-5, i don't think they trade for anyone good.

the best solution is probably trade Manning to NYJ or BUF.

There are 3 things certain in life; Death, Taxes and Eli retiring a Giant

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you might be right, but I think he won't and this pretty much destroy's Manning's value.

since they're 0-5, i don't think they trade for anyone good.

the best solution is probably trade Manning to NYJ or BUF.

How does trading Manning solve anything?  More stupid bold predictions just to stand out.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How does trading Manning solve anything?  More stupid bold predictions just to stand out.

Whispers that Coughlin could make a move for him.  I'm not an Eli fan, but Coughlin sure is, and what does that star-studded roster that the Jags have need more than anything else...?  Not the stupidest prediction i've heard... I'm with LordOpie on this.  Wait and see!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kdko said:

Whispers that Coughlin could make a move for him.  I'm not an Eli fan, but Coughlin sure is, and what does that star-studded roster that the Jags have need more than anything else...?  Not the stupidest prediction i've heard... I'm with LordOpie on this.  Wait and see!

"Don't feed the animals" 

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Wait and see

Sure but if doesn't happen then what, "well it was just something I heard, didn't say it would happen"

Not to mention you avoid answering the question, how does trading Eli help the Giants? You said it is the best solution, I presume you meant to the Giants crappy 0-5 start.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Huey said:

He's talented and has shown potential.  But without OBJ, he's going to draw the top secondary assignments.   Without any other true offensive weapons, I don't know how much he'll be able to do.

So based on this logic, we should avoid all #1 WR's. 

• Confused 1

I think Sterling is talented enough to do some work on everyone but elite shut down corners... and how many are there in the league right now...? He'll definitely provide some value if/when he gets onto the field. I think the Giants being absolute garbage as a team can only help the situation not make it worse.

13 hours ago, LordOpie said:

You didn't let me finish

How exactly does one not finish a typed out post before they hit submit? That's like going to the grocery store and cashing out and loading the car, then when your SO asks if you got everything you tell them that you didn't finish shopping...

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

How exactly does one not finish a typed out post before they hit submit? That's like going to the grocery store and cashing out and loading the car, then when your SO asks if you got everything you tell them that you didn't finish shopping...

Please don't feed the trolls, I'm ready to put LordDopie and Tazzipooh on ignore as they're doing nothing but pissing in the wind making several threads unreadable. Wait for them to tell us how they're long time Huddle Vets and we should pipe down because they're just trying to make the forums entertaining again.

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Please don't feed the trolls, I'm ready to put LordDopie and Tazzipooh on ignore as they're doing nothing but pissing in the wind making several threads unreadable. Wait for them to tell us how they're long time Huddle Vets and we should pipe down because they're just trying to make the forums entertaining again.

#MFEA!