[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go Steelers..... again , ughh

Gourdeau

Yet another example of the staff not having the players focused and buttoned up. This group just doesn't have it between the ears enough to be Champions, talent only takes you so far. Will see what happens but I think we already know

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Le'Veon was paid $12.12 million this year.  The second highest paid running back was Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million.  If Le'Veon is underpaid, it isn't by much.  If All-Pro awards were given for egos, the Steelers would lead the league.

I have no problem with his stance....I rarely have any gripe with NFL guys wanting every dollar they can get while they can.....we know the sport...its brutal and contracts aren't fully guaranteed...they are basically being paid from the same pool of money that MLB and NBA teams are with double, and more than double, the roster size........playing on a year to year deal is a big risk for someone that plays that position and touches the ball, while being exposed, that many times

its just a really poor time to make a statement like that.....you just refuse to answer any question relating to next your or your contract status...plain and simple

On 1/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Le'Veon was paid $12.12 million this year.  The second highest paid running back was Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million.  If Le'Veon is underpaid, it isn't by much.  If All-Pro awards were given for egos, the Steelers would lead the league.

A more fair comparison would be the contract he turned down, since a franchise tag is only guaranteed money for one year. With that being said, he did turn down a long term deal that would've averaged him $12 million a year, so your point still stands. He's trying to act like a trailblazer for younger RBs, but I hope his pride doesn't get the best of him. 

ETA: I still believe that would be the biggest contract for a RB. L.T. got a big contract, but that was over 13 years ago. 

Edited by Shaft

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

A more fair comparison would be the contract he turned down, since a franchise tag is only guaranteed money for one year. With that being said, he did turn down a long term deal that would've averaged him $12 million a year, so your point still stands. He's trying to act like a trailblazer for younger RBs, but I hope his pride doesn't get the best of him. 

ETA: I still believe that would be the biggest contract for a RB. L.T. got a big contract, but that was over 13 years ago. 

Yeah, and i'm sorry, but Bell is no LT.  

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Talent wise, they're similar, but Bell has to put in many years to be mentioned in the same sentence as L.T. 

Absolutely, but LT never had the character or history issues this early in his career though.  He also had better numbers through his first 5 years.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Absolutely, but LT never had the character or history issues this early in his career though.  He also had better numbers through his first 5 years.

LT was on  much less talented teams too I would say 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeeR said:

For Bell?  Yes.  Total ahole.

And he'll never be in the same league as LT.

God no, I had mad man love for LT lol.. i can't stand Bell, if I was Ben i'd easily retire, buncha knuckleheads on that team even Brown, starts at the top with Tomlin and Haley .. not that Ben is a saint but I wouldn't risk my health at his age for this group