[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i still need someone to talk me out of this

ClayMC

I asked earlier this week about trading Kamara and got an overwhelming "hell no" response. But i'm a victim of reading too much into "expert" opinions and nearly every site I read projects Kamara to be only slightly, if any, more valuable than Elliot moving forward. I'm looking to cash in by selling Kamara at peak value for Gronk insurance and some WR depth (which I'm hoping to use to improve my RB2 situation).

I send: Kamara, Edelman

I receive: Elliot, Green, Njoku

I have no idea if i can get any traction on the above trade, but i think i might be able to sell the other manager on it. Before I risk it though, i'm asking you guys again, am i crazy for considering trading Kamara?

12-team PPR

QB: Brees (Winston)

WR: Hopkins, Jones, Landry (Edelman, Callaway)

RB: Kamara, Howard (Thompson, Ingram, Lindsay)

TE: Gronk

I mean, Ingram is going to eat into his timeshare a bit now that he's back, but he will still be a beast for the remainder of the season. 

I will say you are not crazy, although in a PPR league Edelman is pretty valuable. It's a tough call, but I'd probably stand pat.

43 minutes ago, Bingo said:

I mean, Ingram is going to eat into his timeshare a bit now that he's back, but he will still be a beast for the remainder of the season. 

I will say you are not crazy, although in a PPR league Edelman is pretty valuable. It's a tough call, but I'd probably stand pat.

That's what's tough about the decision. Kamara is going to be a beast regardless. But being a top-2 back and a top-8 back are two very different things, especially when i have a decent amount of confidence that Elliot will continue to be a top-5 back. Elliot has the higher floor, Kamara the higher ceiling, but i think the most probable outcome is that they end up about even in overall value moving forward. 

Edited by ClayMC

3 minutes ago, seahawk3133 said:

I would do that deal even though Njoku is a cut for you..   

You are getting a top 5 RB & a top 5 WR for Kamara and a huge unknown who even in his great season 2 years ago - only scored 3 TDs

this is more in line with my thought process, and Njoku isn't even a cut for me. With Gronk banged up, Njoku is very rosterable. TE is insanely thin in my league. The best FA options are Seals-Jones and Clay.

4 minutes ago, Gold Standard said:

Hey Al. We know you've been the MVP of the league so far but, you know, Ingram is back.

Hey Al, We know you've been the MVP of the league, so we're going to do whatever we can to keep you healthy, even if it means playing you less in low-leverage situations.

I'm not suggesting Kamara splits 50/50 with Ingram. But to say Ingram will have no effect on Kamara's output is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I do this trade, you get two guys you are going to start every week and a backup TE that is possibly on the come up. You obviously want to do the deal but are unsure, if your guy tells you to do it then do it. Sure Kamara is still going to perform but Ingram is definitely getting a piece of his pie.

We don't know what Ingram will do to Kamara's production.  We don't know how Edelman will do in this years Patriot's offense.

W do know how Zeke fits into the Cowboy's offense.  We know where Green fits into the Bengal's offense.

So, I think you do this trade if you want to go with the known.  If you are happy with going with the unknown which may have a higher upside stand pat.

+

3 hours ago, starkers said:

We don't know what Ingram will do to Kamara's production.  We don't know how Edelman will do in this years Patriot's offense.

W do know how Zeke fits into the Cowboy's offense.  We know where Green fits into the Bengal's offense.

So, I think you do this trade if you want to go with the known.  If you are happy with going with the unknown which may have a higher upside stand pat.

I'm fairly risk averse. I think that's what's driving this feeling of needing to make this trade. If Elliot was 100% healthy, it would have already been done.

7 minutes ago, ClayMC said:

+

I'm fairly risk averse. I think that's what's driving this feeling of needing to make this trade. If Elliot was 100% healthy, it would have already been done.

I think he just has soreness man nothing serious & it should not threaten his work load although they may not be as heavy on him going forward as last week 

In real  life, managers change up from what's working, then loose all the time. I never get it. They have a stud, rack up yards and scores, then... aliens take over their brain, they stop using the winning plan... and loose.

My point, keep that monster in your line up, and win. Find another way to build on your week areas

New Orleans offense is so much better than Dallas. I don't see that changing this season. Kamara will have more weeks than Zeke where he singlehandedly wins your matchups. Like last week. And with Kamara's receiving yardage, his floor is usually going to be close to 100 rush/receiving yards. Too valuable to trade IMO. 

the whole thing is really the first step in a process to try to improve my RB2 situation. I'm trying to sell Kamara at what I feel is his peak value to gain the capital i need to make a push for a mid-level RB1 to play in my RB2 slot. It's probably more of a Kamara/Howard vs. Elliot/McCaffrey discussion.