[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please keep me logged in

soopanuts

I’m getting logged out automatically what seems like every day. Please keep me logged in by default or at least offer a remember me option. Very frustrating.

Also, after logging in, see issues with the site knowing I just logged in, depending on where I am on the site. Clean this up please!

I was literally just coming to start a topic on this exact same thing.  I don't have any clue what happened to this website, but after the changes you guys made, it's horrible!!!  Seriously.  You're not noobs at this stuff!  It's super frustrating cause the content is fantastic, but accessing it overly challenging.  I have numerous other gripes but I'm not trying to hijack this topic.  Your competition seems to have this simple stuff figured out.  I understand that this was a new/revamped website last year - so while it was frustrating, I gave you guys a free pass.  A year later there is no excuse!  Come on already!!!  Maybe it's time to save your site (possibly severing friendships) and hire a new developer..  Just my 2 cents. 

Now that no one wants to help me, for the issue at hand - I'm using both IE and Chrome on my laptop as well as Chrome on my tablet and my phone.  When I log into the main site and try to get information, EVERY SINGLE TIME I switch pages, it requires me to log in again.  Why? 

@soopanuts While it was not my intention to have hijacked your topic, I'm sorry to (most likely) got your topic locked.  Looking at the rest of the topics in this forum, it appears to be easier for them to lock topics as opposed to answer them. 

16 hours ago, soopanuts said:

Btw, I generally use Safari on iOS when on my phone and latest Chrome on macOS.

Thanks for that additional and helpful information. There does seem to be a login "remembering" issue for a few members that happens when navigating between our two domains. The issue is currently being worked on and I'll pass your case info along to the engineering team. We hope that they have this working better soon.

If there is this kind of issue happening between similar pages on a single domain, like article to article or tool to tool, it is possible that your browser is not set to retain session cookies on the site. That is how a login session is passed from page to page. So it might be helpful to you to investigate any browser settings or plug-ins that may be impacting how it handles cookies on this site.

5 hours ago, soopanuts said:

@Shorttynaz no worries. Thanks for chiming in.

@WW thanks for update. Glad to hear it’s being worked on. I’m pretty sure settings are fine from my side, as I don’t have this issue on many other sites (although I acknowledge implementation could be different).

For a sanity check, on my laptop I went to Internet Options > Privacy Tab > clicked on Sites > entered 'thehuddle.com' and clicked Allow.  Saved my changes.  Restarted IE and I still have to enter my credentials every time I change pages.  I tried Chrome, and still get the same thing. It's not the end of the world, just an annoyance as I'm trying to print out a few things for my draft(s) this weekend and every time I change pages, I'm prompted to sign in again.  

The engineering team made some adjustments today to the buffer cache for the cookie settings that they hope will help remedy this issue. They said this "might" be the cause. You'll likely need to log out of the site and restart your browser to ensure you are pulling in the new settings.

52 minutes ago, WW said:

The engineering team made some adjustments today to the buffer cache for the cookie settings that they hope will help remedy this issue. They said this "might" be the cause. You'll likely need to log out of the site and restart your browser to ensure you are pulling in the new settings.

This worked.  Thank you!  Sorry to be so critical but it's what makes us better.  

• WJW locked this topic