[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Def not credited with Carr’s fumble?

edfromchi

Packers forced a fumble last night (from Carr) but never actually recovered it.  Should def get credit for the fumble since it did result in change of possession (it was batted out of the end zone)?  Or not since they technically didn’t recover it?  League’s scoring system says +2 pts for fumble recovery by def.  I get it wasn’t “recovered” by def but it did result in their team getting the ball.  Just wanting to know how other leagues handle this.

Edited by edfromchi

6 hours ago, Helpmeout said:

GB was credited with 1 Fumble Recovery in my league but I didn't watch the game so I don't know if that was the only fumble for the entire game.

5 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

MFL did not give them credit.  Yahoo leagues did.

Thanks for the reply

Most leagues probably only score for the act of recovering a fumble, not just forcing one. A fumble batted out of bounds thru the EZ resulting in a touchback was not recovered. I do see that Carr was credited with a fumble and fumble lost. This is a rare case of a fumble, lost by the team that had the ball, but not recovered by the other team. 

CBS does not give Packers D credit for a fumble recovery, it is clearly stated as a "fumble recovered snap"

I suspect sites that gave the points probably just look at "fumbles lost" by the team, not if it was recovered

• Thanks 1

Wow that was an ugly play (watched the game last night), as the announcers were saying guys have had this happen before, why take the risk. 

It was cool to see all the review angles and recognize the many cameras that are now in the pylon for great shots.