[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Brown, Hunter Henry, or Jordan Howard 1pt PPR

8 minutes ago, The Fantasy Don said:

Originally had John Brown a lock for today but the weather and the high winds making look like a better run day for Jordan Howard. OR do I go with Hunter Henry AT Chicago?

Leaning Hunter Henry for PPR, especially if Keenan Allen is limited or out.

Thx and good luck week 8

same exact thing.  Allen's inaccurate to begin with.  With the wind/weather, Brown will have a tougher time, but still will be targeted a ton.  Hate to do it, and only because of weather/wind. Go Hunter

4 minutes ago, The Fantasy Don said:

Thx Tasa....Maybe just overthinking the whole weather situation and should just stick with Brown?

Hmm I am headed to check the weather report again because when I checked yesterday it wasn't near 100% chance of rain and I was not aware of severe wind.

Ok rain isn't going to be a factor until around the 4th quarter but around 20-25 mph wind is going to effect the entire game...not 100% sure how that much wind effects passing game but I am about to do some research and possibly adjust my starting lineup because I have a good option in Stills sitting on my bench.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I understand why you're thinking about it.   Brown will get a ton of targets 

He will get targets thats for sure.  If he runs more routes from the slot, I think he will have a good PPR day.  Just really concerned with the windy weather.  I went to school in at SUNY Buffalo, the wind is NO JOKE.  I always appreciate your feedback Montana....thx

1 minute ago, Tasandmnm said:

Ok rain isn't going to be a factor until around the 4th quarter but around 20-25 mph wind is going to effect the entire game...not 100% sure how that much wind effects passing game but I am about to do some research and possibly adjust my starting lineup because I have a good option in Stills sitting on my bench.

Exactly...the wind is suppose to be a constant wind of 20-25 with gusts potentially over 50....I went to school in Buffalo and the wind at Orchard Park is no joke.  As I was telling Montana, if Brown runs more from the slot, I think he should be OK for PPR purposes but I don't consider him a lock like I did earlier in the week.

Found this article from rotoworld but he is only considering 14mph winds but still with 20ish mph wind kind of reflects my thinking:

Wind Worries

Philadelphia at Buffalo (1:00 PM ET): The Eagles haven’t lived up to their billing this season and now draw a tough road matchup against the Bills. Buffalo is currently two-point favorites in what could be an ugly game. Weather won’t be favorable for either side as 14 MPH winds, light rain, and 55-degree temperatures are expected. Right now, neither the rain or wind is enough to consider taking much action but if either were to severely worsen on game day I would consider making some changes. Carson Wentz hasn’t been as productive as we’d hoped and isn't receiving much help from his wideouts. In a tough matchup against the Bills secondary there are a number of better options for your fantasy team. Other than Wentz I’m starting everyone else as normal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Fantasy Don said:

Exactly...the wind is suppose to be a constant wind of 20-25 with gusts potentially over 50....I went to school in Buffalo and the wind at Orchard Park is no joke.  As I was telling Montana, if Brown runs more from the slot, I think he should be OK for PPR purposes but I don't consider him a lock like I did earlier in the week.

I had thread up. I am up in air about Stills or John Brown, PPR. Thoughts?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Willallenn said:

I had thread up. I am up in air about Stills or John Brown, PPR. Thoughts?

I'm still thinking about this one myself...Brown will get targets and maybe will still have a decent PPR day, especially if he runs more plays from the slot.  Still thinking either Brown or Henry myself...

Damit I hate fantasy football sometimes LOL

Found this guys...I thought we were all good but look at the ominous update at the bottom:

Eagles @ Bills. This game features a bit of a double-whammy, as there's a decent chance of seeing rain and high winds. The rain will be hit or miss, I’d be sure to check my Twitter (@KevinRothWx) before kickoff on the latest with that, but the winds will be reliably disruptive. Sustained winds should be coming in around 20 mph during the game with gusts around 30 mph. In 60-plus NFL games since 2000 with similar weather, passing yards and scoring have both decreased by 10 percent. That doesn’t mean you can’t start guys in this game, but I’d expect them to be at 90 percent of their usual output (stats courtesy of RotoGrinders' exclusive WeatherEdge tool). (UPDATE: Winds to gust up to 40 mph, making this an even tougher game for passing/kicking.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tasandmnm said:

Found this guys...I thought we were all good but look at the ominous update at the bottom:

Eagles @ Bills. This game features a bit of a double-whammy, as there's a decent chance of seeing rain and high winds. The rain will be hit or miss, I’d be sure to check my Twitter (@KevinRothWx) before kickoff on the latest with that, but the winds will be reliably disruptive. Sustained winds should be coming in around 20 mph during the game with gusts around 30 mph. In 60-plus NFL games since 2000 with similar weather, passing yards and scoring have both decreased by 10 percent. That doesn’t mean you can’t start guys in this game, but I’d expect them to be at 90 percent of their usual output (stats courtesy of RotoGrinders' exclusive WeatherEdge tool). (UPDATE: Winds to gust up to 40 mph, making this an even tougher game for passing/kicking.)

I really hate fantasy football sometimes LOL....

This will probably come down to whether or not you have a decent back up plan for Brown.  I can insert Henry and feel ok with that though it now appears Keenan Allen will give it a go today.  I think ultimately Brown will get looks and has speed to beat the Philly secondary if Josh Allen throws to him with the wind.  Brown may be still be a good to insert but expectations should be lower than we had originally thought.

If I had Henry as an option here I’d definitely start him. I don’t have that in my case so I’m going Brown over Jeffery. 1pt PPR.

I’m looking at a potential nail biter for my team this week as I’m rolling with Tate, Stills and Brown. My WR1 is Allen and cant trust him with the hammy, plus going up against Chicago.

That said, I’m expecting a lot of short pass routes to combat the wind. Philly D is 10x better against the run so I don’t see that part of the game working for them. I’m banking on lots of slants, bubbles and screens

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SaturdayNightBeaver said:

If I had Henry as an option here I’d definitely start him. I don’t have that in my case so I’m going Brown over Jeffery. 1pt PPR.

I’m looking at a potential nail biter for my team this week as I’m rolling with Tate, Stills and Brown. My WR1 is Allen and cant trust him with the hammy, plus going up against Chicago.

That said, I’m expecting a lot of short pass routes to combat the wind. Philly D is 10x better against the run so I don’t see that part of the game working for them. I’m banking on lots of slants, bubbles and screens

I was thinking the same thing...if Brown runs more routes from the slot, there is the potential to have a decent PPR day.  

If you have a good option like Stills to play over Brown and a good option at QB over Josh Allen I would fire them up (and am firing up Brees in his first game off an injury as much as I loathe it and Stills instead of Brown).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tasandmnm said:

Oh and I just went to FanDuel and changed all of my cash game lineups containing both Josh Allen and Brown.

I think I may play it safe and roll with Hunter Henry.  I think Brown gets his targets but I think Cole Beasley will have be a big handcuff option for Josh Allen, especially for todays weather...