[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaguars dump oc John DeFilippo

Wolverines Fan

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/9666/john-defilippo

I thought he deserved another season.

He turned Fournette into an every down tailback.

Foles didn't play well but was hurt most of the year.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/9666/john-defilippo

I thought he deserved another season.

He turned Fournette into an every down tailback.

Foles didn't play well but was hurt most of the year.

Defillipo has been known to wear on people. I think that's more likely the reason.

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Defillipo has been known to wear on people. I think that's more likely the reason.

Yeah it seems odd that he wore out pretty quickly in the Vikings. Which I don't know how to interpret that well. But then he's worn out his welcome pretty early in Jacksonville too. I wonder if he might be just kind of a difficult dude or something

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Interesting. I didn't know that.

Story by Marcus Hayes

If nothing else, the story paints an interesting picture of Philly’s perceived offensive messiah.

By the end of his second season, DeFilippo’s talent had been well-documented, but his act had worn thin. Yes, he was a workaholic taskmaster. Yes, he’d helped Pederson and Reich transform Carson Wentz from an FCS star into an MVP favorite in less than two seasons. Yes, he’d helped resurrect Nick Foles, who went from injured training-camp backup to Super Bowl MVP, and he’d transformed Nate Sudfeld from practice-squad nobody into a viable playoff backup.

But Flip didn’t exactly fit in with Pederson’s “emotionally intelligent” team model. He was a self-promoting ladder-climber as focused on becoming an NFL head coach as coaching quarterbacks. This didn’t make DeFilippo unique in the NFL, or even in the building — the defensive coordinator’s no shrinking violet — but the departure of John DeFilippo from Philadelphia was not universally bemoaned at the NovaCare Complex.