[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward - Worth a roster spot?

MauiGuru

Performance Scoring 8 Team League

Hines Ward has been much of a dissappointment since Big Ben has been the signal caller. Pittsburgh has committed to defense and running the football. If anyone has florished in the passing game it has to be Plaxico. Ward couldn't even take advantage with Plaxico out last week. Being in a 8 team league most teams are pretty stacked at most postions. Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter are still available on waivers and seems to be getting into the groove and fantasy wise they could do well especially with KC up this week and in week 16 (championship week).

Is Hines worth dropping and picking up one of these raiders?

let me know guys!

Performance Scoring 8 Team League

Hines Ward has been much of a dissappointment since Big Ben has been the signal caller.  Pittsburgh has committed to defense and running the football.  If anyone has florished in the passing game it has to be Plaxico.  Ward couldn't even take advantage with Plaxico out last week.  Being in a 8 team league most teams are pretty stacked at most postions.  Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter are still available on waivers and seems to be getting into the groove and fantasy wise they could do well especially with KC up this week and in week 16 (championship week).

Is Hines worth dropping and picking up one of these raiders?

let me know guys!

585843[/snapback]

I agree. Simply put, Ward with his receptions (assuming you get points for those) and perhaps a score, is the 'safe' bet that will get you some decent points. Curry and Porter on the other hand, have the potential to either explode or implode. I'd trade Ward, but I'd be hard-pressed to just drop him.

I have HINES and have been pretty upset with the performance. I would go for PORTER. If you have the room on your roster, keep HINES...I feel that PIT is gonna have to throw the ball more in the last few week to stay competitive and I'd hate to see him on someone's team with them collecting the points. Hope this helps.

I feel that PIT is gonna have to throw the ball more in the last few week to stay competitive

586404[/snapback]

So, the 10-1 Steeeelers need to change what they're doing to stay competitive now that the easy spot in their schedule (6-0 New England and 7-0 Philly) has "passed" ... :D C'mon Steeeeeelers, stay competitive!! :D

In truth, the Big Fish has a point. I do think they'll have to throw more -- the turn of the phrase just sent me off on a rantette. I can't imagine dropping Ward -- but if our trade deadline weren't passed and if I could convince anyone he had any value, I'd trade him.

I have him too, and he's killing me. Funny thing about all this running and defense talk is that Hines is getting looks. Nine passes thrown his way just last week, but only 3 catches. Couple of deep looks too, if I remember correctly. That's 3 weeks in a row with 3 catches- not good. But I can't bring myself to drop him and I don't have good options.

HUGH ONE says I should play Ward over Colbert and Jurevicious this week. Unfortunately, I agree. I just wish we got FF points for MONSTER blocks, where Hines is truly a stud. Good luck to all.