[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Jets Sig Line Bet

Menudo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm.... That's kinda the point of the sigline: So I can read it and laugh at your dumbass for thinking the Jets could beat the Steelers.  So intentionally leaving misspelled words in there is bush league.  But that seems appropriate coming from you.

"Ridiculous" is a little strong don't you think?  Did the Jets ever make it into the redzone yesterday?  It was close on the scoreboard, but it's not like the Jets were controlling any aspect of the game. 

And consider that the Steelers had a TON of penalties against Jax, but were able to overcome them for the win.... that's what good teams do... win games.  Stupid, crybaby fans whine about calls and blame the officals when their teams get beat down.

608161[/snapback]

I felt I needed to answer you directly, Steeler. What have I ever done to make you think I was a "bush league" person? Like I said, I typed that sig late last night after a long day of watching football and sloshing beers. When these other morans chimed in, I wasn't about to do anything because they stuck thier nose where it didnt belong.

Secondly, I did not blame bad officiating on the Jets loss. I did say there were two bad calls, and didnt mention a non-call for tripping on a Steeler DB that was embarrassingly obvious. As he fell, he raised both his feet and tripped Moss who would have been open for a long TD pass. The Becht call, with all due respect to Hook, was still a bad call. They marked the ball from the 49 yard line, the line of scrimmage, where Becht was, not from downfield where the back judge who threw the late flag and the Jet WR's were.

Sorry if this po's you, but I don't think the Steelers outplayed the Jets.... from the stupid rookie who let his foot slide over the goal line, causing a touchback, to all the penalties the Jets did commit, including the Ward fumble play, to Pennington playing what I think was his second-to-worst game in the NFL, I think the Jets beat themselves. 12 penalties in the 1st half is inexcusable. The Jets were the second least penalized team in the league, it is part of what they have to do to win. Mistake free football, and they were awful on that count.

So, you call me a cry baby because we don't agree? Well, you have your opinions, I have mine, and my opinion of you just went way down.

Edited by Rovers

When these other morans chimed in, I wasn't about to do anything because they stuck thier nose where it didnt belong.

608590[/snapback]

Hate to tell you there sparky, but you're the one making sigline bets in a football forum. If you don't want people "chiming in" try sending PM's. If you don't know how I'd gladly tell you, but being a moran and all myself I haven't quite figured it out yet.

The Becht call, with all due respect to Hook, was still a bad call. They marked the ball from the 49 yard line, the line of scrimmage, where Becht was, not from downfield where the back judge who threw the late flag and the Jet WR's were.

608590[/snapback]

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but the blocking WR was right at the line of scrimmage when he grabbed and spun the Steeler defender. He was right next to Becht. That's why the ref got confused and called the wrong number. It was one of those "right call, wrong number" situations.

Edited by CaptainHook

What have I ever done to make you think I was a "bush league" person?

Misspelled the word Pittsburgh and then made a joke about it when I asked you to change it. You changed it now, so no problem. I admit that seems like I'm an ultra sensitive girlieman, but the misspelling of the word Pittsburgh is one of the only typo / grammar things that bothers me.... and as you can see it really bother me.

Secondly, I did not blame bad officiating on the Jets loss.

Sure sounded like it to me. You complain about a bunch of calls and then say how it's "ridiculous" to say the Steelers won the game... what am I to think?

So, you call me a cry baby because we don't agree?

No, I called you a crybaby because you were blaming the loss on the refs.

my opinion of you just went way down.

608590[/snapback]

Oh no! Whatever will I do :D PS: I dont care.

Edited by steeler

Has Menudo not yet checked in on this thread?  He must either be extremely hung over from being at the game yesterday, or else he's a very gracious winner.  And since we know he's not a gracious victor... :D

608726[/snapback]

Hello everybody. Great game and I'm glad to see you honored your bets. Now, for my weekend..... there was an incident. O.k. So we tailgate from around 11 until gametime. I was feeling pretty good, but not out of conrol wasted. Enjoyed a great game. Started a little slowly, and the Steelers definitely didn't play great, but they found a way to win as good teams do. Now for the "incident"

We went to High Tops and I was having a blast with my fellow Steeler brotheren when I made a tragic mistake. I left my new Steeler coat hanging on my bar chair and was walking around. I came back and my coat was gone. This was upsetting, but nothing major, until I realized that my keys were in the coat that was stolen. I was at this point very angry and quite inebriated. I spoke to a cop that was there and filled out the paperwork, but was told, it sucks and your screwed. I then go outside and see that my car is still there, so it could have been worse. As my friends are trying to calm me down outside the bar, I was insisting on waiting for the loser who took my coat to take care of business. So I'm ranting and raving, suddenly I look to my left and there is Ben Roethlisberger. I quickly stop my rant and yell "Ben !!!" He gives a nod and then goes into the VIP area of the bar. I then hear somebody ask me what happened and why I was ranting, it was none other than Willie Parker. Anyway today was crazy, had to have my car towed to a dealership to get a new key cut. Just got home. Crazy day. One last thing.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!

Menudo, sucks about the "incident". Sounds like otherwise, you had a blast, and came home with another Steeler victory. Congrats on another big win!

Ah....steeler, you just arent reading what I wrote. I never said that the Steelers didnt win. What I said was that I didnt think they outplayed the Jets. From a previous post of mine in this thread:

But, good teams find a way to win, and as ugly as it was, they won. So, congrats to the Steeler fans.... I hope we can get a rematch in the playoffs!

Now, go find someplace where I said the loss was due to the refs. Yes, I did note what I considered to be a couple bad calls, but I blamed the loss on all of the mistakes, the sloppy play of the Jets. Home field has it's advantages, crowd noise, which helped cause a lot of the offsides the Jets commited, and some home ref calls too. Part of playing on the road in any stadium.

I never said the Jets outplayed the Steelers, either. That would be ridiculous. And I never said:

You complain about a bunch of calls and then say how it's "ridiculous" to say the Steelers won the game... what am I to think?

.... YOU said that, not me. I also never said that if the Jets didnt commit so many penalties and make so many stupid mistakes that they would have won..... I simply said that Pitt didnt outplay the Jets. It's not unusual for a good team to win EVEN when they ARE outplayed. The Steelers won, and I congradulated you on the win. If that isnt enough for you.... just keep whining!

I still think the Jets lost, as opposed to the ridiculous notion that the Steelers outplayed them.

608078[/snapback]

It's clear that the Steelers outplayed the Jets yesterday to everyone but you.

Did the Jets ever get into the redzone?

Did the Jets ever threaten to score a TD?

Regarding the penalties: the Jets had 12 penalties in the first half and trailed by 3 points. Then in the 2nd half they committed no penalties (IIRC) and played the kind of mistake-free football you say you are accustomed to seeing them play and they got out-scored by 14 - 3. Not exactly an endorsement of your theory that the penalties hurt the Jets.

And you mentioned the mistake by the rookie who stepped on the goalline while attempting to down the punt. After that play, the Steelers drove 80 yards for their first TD. Kinda dumb to blame the whole drive on the rookie don't you think? The Jets had a chance to step up after a mistake and couldn't do it.

What criteria are you using to say the Jets outplayed the Steelers? Because I just don't see it.

No, again, I did not blame the whole drive on the rookie.... but the end result MAY have been quite different IF he had not goofed. The Jets outgained the Steelers, not that that means that much, but aside from the mistakes they made, I think both teams played well, especially on defense. Pennington never got sacked... all I am saying is that neither team "outplayed" the other. As I said earlier, both teams like to run the ball and win the TOP battle. All of those drive killing penalties and the 2 INT's by Pennington in the first half cost the Jets at least some, and maybe a lot of time of possession.

The Steelers had a two or three minute advantage in TOP in the first half. If, and I say IF, the Jets had not made so many mistakes, maybe they are the ones who wear down the Steeler D in the second half, which is exactly what the Steelers did to the Jets, wore them out.

Everything else being equal, I dont think either team "outplayed" the other in that sense, I think the mistakes the Jets made cost them any chance at winning.

Farrior's INT was a beauty, and so was Polamalo's. Having said that, both passes were ill advised on Pennington's part, and he wasnt under much pressure. Both of those passes were Jet mistakes, unforced mistakes. The Steelers did not make many unforced mistakes, and in a game where neither team dominated, that was the difference, in my opinion.

And how many times must I repeat, I never said, nor do I think that the Jets outplayed the Steelers? What I DID say, was that the Steelers didnt outplay the Jets. They made fewer mistakes, and beat us at our own game. Namely, ball control, protect the football, run it down thier gut all day and wear the defense down. They key thing was that the Steelers made few mistakes, and the Jets made many.... that is why the Jets lost. I also never said that the Jets would have won without all these mistakes, but I do think they would have had a very good shot at winning.

So, one more time..... NIETHER team outplayed the other.... the lines battled in the trenches all day, and were evenly matched until the 4th, when in large part, due to mistakes made by the Jets in losing the TOP war, the Steeler O line started moving the Jets D and began to dominate. If the Jets had not made so many mistakes early in the game, losing so much time of possession in the process, I think the 4th quarter may have had a different outcome. This is why I say the Jets mistakes had more to do with them losing than having been outplayed.

Once again, since you seem to keep skipping over it, I repeat.... good teams find a way to win, even if it isn't pretty, and that is what the Steelers did. They won. Good teams find a way to win. I keep repeating myself here.... but, again, congradulations on another Steeler victory.