[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Screw It

Balzac

I've got to start 2 of - Dom (v. JAX), Julius (v. WAS) and Bell (@TEN).

Regardless of the fact that Droughns is still starting this week, I'm going with Bell over Julius. Dom is a no brainer, but he certainly won't have a monster game against JAX. While I at least know that Julius will get 20 touches, I don't think he'll do anything with them . . . that WAS run D is ridiculous and the DAL offense sucks as a whole. Another consideration is that I'm facing a VERY good team this week - I can't start 2 RBs that have very limited upsides and hope to win. Bell, at least, has HUGE game potential - even if he only gets 10 touches, I think he can do just as much if not more than Julius does with his 20.

Someone tell me I'm crazy.

If you're *that* desperate, what about picking up Levens?

627917[/snapback]

not a bad idea - if not at least for preventative purposes. Thanks.

My feelings exactly, screw it. I posted this in the Football Forum......

I have LT starting, and once C. Brown was out, I thought I could ride Onterrio until the end. That is not working out. Then Duckett got hurt.

I dropped Ducket and picked up Shaud Williams this week.

So my choices for RB2 are Williams or Bell.

Denver has to win this game, and I think Shanny is intending on riding Bell. This might be wishful thinking, but he might want Tenn to prep for Droughns.

I made it to my Superbowl last year, and Shanny screwed me, so I should have learned my lesson.

I started Portis, who didn't end up playing against Indy. I played Portis over Onterrio, who went out and had 180 total yards and 3 TDs.

There was nothing worse than watching a young stud like Onterrio racking up points on a national televised Saturday game while on my bench. This is deja vu.

I am not letting it happen to me this year on a Saturday night game.......Go Bell!!!!

VERY risky but I like your thinking. I just find it hard to see JJ doing VERY well against that Wash D. And while Bell is a risk I can see him going off if he gets the chance. Spit into the wind and go for it I say. If I had JJ and Bell I'd start Bell this week also. Earlier in the week I thought about starting Bell over Portis before I scrapped that idea.

Edited by giantsfan

VERY risky but I like your thinking. I just find it hard to see JJ doing VERY well against that Wash D. And while Bell is a risk I can see him going off if he gets the chance. Spit into the wind and go for it I say. If I had JJ and Bell I'd start Bell this week also. Earlier in the week I thought about starting Bell over Portis before I scrapped that idea.

628582[/snapback]

I just know I'll be kicking myself if Jones has the mediocre game that I think he will and Tatum blows up. If Tatum sucks, I think I'll just laugh at myself and have another drink - can't get too mad on Christmas!

I just know I'll be kicking myself if Jones has the mediocre game that I think he will and Tatum blows up.  If Tatum sucks, I think I'll just laugh at myself and have another drink - can't get too mad on Christmas!

628674[/snapback]

That's the logic I'd use as well. If JJ does well and Bell doesn't I bet you won't get too upset because lets face it all week you've wanted to start Bell over JJ. BUT if you start JJ and Bell has a good week while JJ does very little you will be very upset at yourself. In your case considering you've been wanting to start Bell all week you should go Bell.

What's weird about me is I'm in my SB and for the first times in weeks I feel NO nervousness that I'm benching the wrong guys. Now considering I've made it this far wondering it scares me that I feel like this, but I feel at ease with all my choices and even if my bench guys go off I don't think I can get upset. Going with:

Green

Portis, Edge

Horn, Mason, Porter

Gonzo

Graham

Jacksonville D

Benching the guys in my sig below and I feel okay about it all. We'll see if that's my down fall.

Edited by giantsfan

That's the logic I'd use as well. If JJ does well and Bell doesn't I bet you won't get too upset because lets face it all week you've wanted to start Bell over JJ. BUT if you start JJ and Bell has a good week while JJ does very little you will be very upset at yourself. In your case considering you've been wanting to start Bell all week you should go Bell.

What's weird about me is I'm in my SB and for the first times in weeks I feel NO nervousness that I'm benching the wrong guys. Now considering I've made it this far wondering it scares me that I feel like this, but I feel at ease with all my choices and even if my bench guys go off I don't think I can get upset. going with:

Green

Portis, Edge

Horn, Mason, Porter

Gonzo

Graham

Jacksonville D

Benching the guys in my sig below and I feel okay about it all. We'll see if that's my down fall.

628677[/snapback]

Give the respective matchups, I think you're making the right calls. I wish I could say that I'm not experiencing any anxiety, but relying Jake at QB and Bell as my RB2 may be a very bad idea. That said, if they both play well like I think they will - people in my league will think I 'm a lot smarter than I really am :D .

Well all I can say is I wouldn't trust Jake especially after last week in KC, but if he is ever going to bust out again it will be at the awful Tenn D who made Collins and Porter look like Marino and Duper last week.

As for me I agree. Matchup wise and "hotness" wise I'm making the calls that need to be made. That's why I feel at ease and feel like even if it works out poorly and my bench guys do well I still made the right choices going in and can't get upset over it.

Edited by giantsfan

Yeah Shanahan strikes again, I lost my semi-final game last week by a squeaker and I played Droughns who came out of the game after his first carry for -2 yards. I had Dunn on my bench with 134 yards and a score! Don't believe a single word that Shanny bleeps out. Bell will get 3/4 of the carries unless he takes a nasty hit to his shoulder, then all bets are off.