[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF for $$ and legal issues

NashHank

Like everyone reading these posts we have a common bond of loving to play FF.

Next season beyond the regular leagues that I play in I would like to play on-line for $$.

Something like plunk down some dollars - join a league and the winner takes all.

What websites would you recommend for this sort of endeavor?

Also, is participating in these type of games for money legal? Are there resources on the web for explaining the legality of this type of games?

It's the off-season, we can discuss these type of indepth FF questions.

Next season beyond the regular leagues that I play in I would like to play on-line for $$.

Something like plunk down some dollars - join a league and the winner takes all.

Also, is participating in these type of games for money legal?  Are there resources on the web for explaining the legality of this type of games?

713209[/snapback]

I don't know about paying for a service. Yahoo has limitations as a freebie, but other than the waivers, what's really wrong with it?

The short version of legalities with $$$ involved: as long as no one is keeping a %, and what gets paid in gets paid out, it's cool.

I don't know about paying for a service. Yahoo has limitations as a freebie, but other than the waivers, what's really wrong with it?

The short version of legalities with $$$ involved: as long as no one is keeping a %, and what gets paid in gets paid out, it's cool.

713224[/snapback]

Actually I am talking about a site where I pay $50 and join a league with 9 other random FF internet types in a league - the site takes a % and distributes the winnings to the league champ.

Curious about sites like that and what the legal issues are.

Actually I am talking about a site where  I pay $50 and join a league with 9 other random FF internet types in a league - the site takes a % and distributes the winnings to the league champ.

Curious about sites like that and what the legal issues are.

713252[/snapback]

Various forms of FF for $$ has always seemed to wander out near the gambling world a bit ... It would be interesting to hear where that line is ... though are we bringing a sting upon ourselves just by talking about this? :D

I warn you, if this turns into a Law & Order episode, I'm doing any thing I can to get on screen with Angie Harmon. :D

Also, is participating in these type of games for money legal?  Are there resources on the web for explaining the legality of this type of games?

713209[/snapback]

If I were you, I'd just do this next year.

C'mon Huddler Pros - does no one play on a website where they send in their entry fee and the site distributes at the end of the season?

Maybe there are not many out there? If not maybe we should start one up...course then there might be those lpesky egal issues that no one is quite sure of...

C'mon Huddler Pros - does no one play on a website where they send in their entry fee and the site distributes at the end of the season?

Maybe there are not many out there?  If not maybe we should start one up...course then there might be those lpesky egal issues that no one is quite sure of...

722047[/snapback]

why use a site that keeps a cut? Why not just join a huddle league, host it on mfl, and give all the money out in winnings? Why pay the middle man?