[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

expansion team = me

Akfatha

so i left my team last year to a guy who wanted to come in and coach, because I didn't know if I would have constant internet access, and I left this guy with #1 overall pick, #2 overall pick, #10 overall pick, and a bundle of other picks in the next few rounds in the upcoming draft. along with that, i left him the choice of keeping any 3 of these 4; andre johnson, chris brown, ahman green, & tatum bell. IMO thats not too bad. coulda kept dre/chris/tatum and drafted ahman, plus this draft is loaded with RB's so he coulda picked any of deuce mcallister/jamal lewis/clinton portis/curtis martin/fred taylor. the dude was STACKED for success, IMO. ends up getting rid of chris/tatum/ahman and #2 pick and now has just a bunch of WR's as his keepers. ANYWHO. had to vent that cuzi left the guy ready for possibility for a good run and he did some bad things =P. but i then got internet access and my league was expanding (i've been in this league since 1998) and i got to be one of the expansion teams, making it a 12 team, 3 keeper league. i got to pick one of the free agents available, and i went with my heart (being a giant Huskers fan) and picked my former workhorse on my old team, Ahman Green, as my one player. Now I get to be inserted in the middle of the pack in the draft, so i'll have the #7 overall pick, and im of the popular belief that curtis martin will be available by #7 because he seems to fly under the radar quite a bit, especially in my league. how far do you guys believe tatum bell will far? im considering using my 2nd round pick on him, but is it worth it? having mo clarett there w/ mike anderson gives me some concern because tatum has proven he can be banged up a little bit. and as far as cumart goes, do you guys believe he is worth picking over ANY of deuce mcallister/jamal lewis/clinton portis/fred taylor? also, what #'s do you all think david carr will be able to put up this year? i had him on my team last year, and he did pretty decent up to his bye week (minnesota seemed a breakout game for 04 a week before) and after that him and the texans just seemed to lose the momentum they had rolling a little bit. think he can put up the same amount of yards (3500+) with more tds? 23-25 tds, up from 16? any input would be appreciated, i know its a lot to read but i havent been involved in the fantasy world for a few months due to no net access.

I kind of get the feeling that Jamal Lewis is gonna have a good year, but Cumar is also a worthwhile option I think. I guess it would depend on the backs that are already taken by keeper positions and how many will be available come draft day. I don't know that I would worry too much about Clarrett and having a Denver RB in the 2nd round is not a bad option. If you get points for receptions a good RB to pickup would be Pittman IMO ... he usually has good reception totals but with his rookie counterpart coming in I don't know how much that will change but worthy of a pickup depending on how far he would drop.

If you decide on Cumar I would pick up Blaylock for insurance purposes. I had Cumar last year because I had a feeling he was due, but the guy has run 10 seasons now and not missed a whole lot of actions (a few games here and there but nothing long term).

I would grab Bell as your first round pick (assuming Portis, McCallister, and Lewis are gone) then come back in the second and pick up Martin. I agree with you that he continues to fly under the radar and will most likely slip. The reason he slips is that 10 years of pounding takes it's toll and sometime soon he will be done, we just don't know how soon.

Also, I really like Carr. I think he could have a good season this year. Don't take him to high, but don't be afraid to pull the trigger on this kid. I had him last year as well and he was good.

Tatum Bell is the real deal--at least this year til they find his inevitable replacement. I would not draft Curtis Martin over any of the mentioned options, not even Fred Taylor, who has got to be due for double digit TD season in that offense. David Carr will put up consistently pretty good numbers each week, but the style of defense they try to play prevents them from taking enough chances offensively for Carr to put up elite type numbers.