[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Value

JWP 45

I have been indoctrinated with not picking a QB until the late rounds. I have never had the quote unquote top 3 QB. I've still had great success with getting good RB's.

But...I will be part of a league now where a QB TD will be 6pts instead of the usual 4pts.

I don't have draft order yet. But do I try to take Manning early 1st round or Culpepper later first round?

Or go by the old philosphy of getting two stud RB's first and second round.

I just think there are some good vet QB's that you can pick up late like McNair, Greise, Bledsoe, etc. Seems like a QB is a dime adozen compared to the stud RB.

And for Carson Palmer and Eli Manning, are you kidding me, their overrated in drafts.

Let me know what you guys think, validation or indoctrination.

Thanks

If TDs are 6pts, I would consider Manning if I was sitting around 10-12. That way you could at least get a decent RB in the next round.

Picking Manning in the top 5 will hurt your RBs and to a lesser extent, your ability to land a top WR.

917345[/snapback]

Agreed. In our league, he dropped to the second round last year (after the owner had already picked up Shaun Alexander in the first round). It will be interesting to see where Manning goes this year after what he did last season.

i don't understand why everyone is scared to take manning? he almost threw for 50 tds a game, his schedule is lighter this season, and he calls the plays at the gl, he can do whatever he wants, i wish i had first pick i'd jump manning's bones, and an added note he doesn't get hurt!! your last pick can be ramsey and not have to worry about a thing!!!

I have been indoctrinated with not picking a QB until the late rounds.  I have never had the quote unquote top 3 QB.  I've still had great success with getting good RB's. 

But...I will be part of a league now where a QB TD will be 6pts instead of the usual 4pts.

I don't have draft order yet.  But do I try to take Manning early 1st round or Culpepper later first round?

Or go by the old philosphy of getting two stud RB's first and second round.

I just think there are some good vet QB's that you can pick up late like McNair, Greise, Bledsoe, etc.  Seems like a QB is a dime adozen compared to the stud RB.

And for Carson Palmer and Eli Manning, are you kidding me, their overrated in drafts.

Let me know what you guys think, validation or indoctrination.

Thanks

917332[/snapback]

Carson Palmer overrated? I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. Plays with Chad Johnson, handin the ball off to Rudi Johnson. They might be the Bungles, but Carson is obviously in a great situation. He has great chemistry with Chad and he is improving every game. He is gonna burst out this year, just like a lot of people say. You are in the minority and there is nothing wrong with that but re-look over your info.