[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Penguins Fans

Hugh 0ne

john buccigross is predicting crosby will have 100 points as a rookie.  i gotta think he's smoking crack, but i haven't seen him play.  is the kid really that good?? :D

908470[/snapback]

Ridiculously good. I followed him in juniors. That being said, it's tough to predict anything with a kid who will be 18 when the season starts. Keep in mind though he'll probably be playing on the top scoring line with, which is highly unusual for a rookie, so I'd say it is a possibility. Keep in mind also that his linemates could be Lemieux and Recchi. :D

This kid is gold. Pure gold. But I think they said the same thing about Lindros, so I guess you never know. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

wow.  you think their power play might be any good?  :D

908699[/snapback]

Lemieux said they're going to sign some players and put a team on the ice that will compete for the Stanley Cup. I guess Gonchar fit the bill. Sounds like a plan. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Lemieux said they're going to sign some players and put a team on the ice that will compete for the Stanley Cup. I guess Gonchar fit the bill. Sounds like a plan. :D

908710[/snapback]

Lemiux and Recchi. Is this 1991?

Hopefully they have a year or two left in them. They've never had trouble finding talent, just keeping it.

I am excited. I only get to watch the Pens when they play Dallas, Fox Sports. Or if they are good enough to get a national game. They might get a few of those this year.

Super Mario is finally doing what he can do best, put a team on the ice that can compete. With the salary cap there are going to be some changes in who is competitive. Players will come to Pitt, just to play with Mario and Sidney.

Super Mario is finally doing what he can do best, put a team on the ice that can compete.  With the salary cap there are going to be some changes in who is competitive.  Players will come to Pitt, just to play with Mario and Sidney.

909959[/snapback]

Supere Mario is finally doing what he can for two reasons:

#1 CBA

and probably the most important factor:

#2 He sold majority ownership to someone else who is infusing cash into the franchise.

pretty ironic. a team that wallows in mediocrity for a decade because they lack fan support....they get to the verge of bankruptcy, even with a peanuts payroll, because they get no fan support, and they become one of the main reasons the whole system falls apart and the league shuts down for a year. and their incompetence is rewarded how? a new system where they can buy a cup contender in the span of a few days, and their formerly tight-wallet fairweather fans are all :D . while teams that made it work the old way are sending off 12-year veterans that carried their old teams to stanley cups. there's something pretty crappy about it and yeah, i'm bitter :D

Pittsburgh couldn't keep the players in the building that brought the fans because they weren't making enough money and couldn't pay the high salaries. Now they can. So what's wrong with that? Colorado and Detroit now can't buy titles, they'll have to work for them. Seems pretty good to me. :D

pretty ironic.  a team that wallows in mediocrity for a decade because they lack fan support....they get to the verge of bankruptcy, even with a peanuts payroll, because they get no fan support, and they become one of the main reasons the whole system falls apart and the league shuts down for a year.  and their incompetence is rewarded how?  a new system where they can buy a cup contender in the span of a few days, and their formerly tight-wallet fairweather fans are all :D .  while teams that made it work the old way are sending off 12-year veterans that carried their old teams to stanley cups.  there's something pretty crappy about it and yeah, i'm bitter :D

916321[/snapback]

The fans stopped going to games because the team sucked, not the other way around.

I, for one, didn't stop going to games (you have to start something before you can stop it).

And now Ziggy??!!  Wow, suddenly they are a whole new team.

Oh, and if $$ bought championships, how come the Rangers couldn't do dink?  You have to have more than the Benjamins.

918141[/snapback]

Because Ranger management are a bunch of f'ing morans. Anyone with a brain and that payroll should have been able to put a contender on the ice EVERY single year.

The Pens where run into bankruptcy before they became horrible. Lemiux got the team because he was their #1 creditor. The old management blamed lack of revenue from The Igloo as a reason they couldn't keep up, but not knowing when to not pay out big salaries was an other reason.

Also, I heard that the value of the team has gone up so much since the draft that Lemiux will now keep a majority ownership in the team.