[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Rankings

tom3putt

I was just looking at the Huddle player rankings and I see that Cedric Benson has moved up from 20 to 19. How can this be? He's held out now for 11 days. How can a rookie miss this much camp and go up in the rankings? Thomas Jones is holding steady at 47. I would think if anyone should rise in the rankings it would be Jones.

I also see that Ronnie Brown, also a holdout, is holding steady at 23. At least in that case Ricky Williams is suspended for the first 4 games.

I was just looking at the Huddle player rankings and I see that Cedric Benson has moved up from 20 to 19.  How can this be?  He's held out now for 11 days.  How can a rookie miss this much camp and go up in the rankings?  Thomas Jones is holding steady at 47.  I would think if anyone should rise in the rankings it would be Jones. 

I also see that Ronnie Brown, also a holdout, is holding steady at 23.  At least in that case Ricky Williams is suspended for the first 4 games.

911449[/snapback]

Benson moved up because Chris Brown moved down. It was not from Benson rising. The holdout is a concern but not enough yet to move him. RBs are not like QB or WR in that they do not need as much time in camp to do well. If Benson continues his holdout for a while longer, he will move down.

I am not moving either Brown or Benson yet (though Brown dropped slightly a while back when Williams showed up smiling).

The biggest factor keeping rookie backs out of the starting lineup early in the season is learning blocking assignments, especially blitz pickups. I'm sure the Bears don't want Grossman to wind up on the IR for the whole season again this year. I picked Benson in the 5th round with the 52d pick a week ago thinking I got a steal. I'm getting a little nervous.

Thanks for responding! That's cool.

Benson moved up because Chris Brown moved down. It was not from Benson rising. The holdout is a concern but not enough yet to move him. RBs are not like QB or WR in that they do not need as much time in camp to do well. If Benson continues his holdout for a while longer, he will move down.

I am not moving either Brown or Benson yet (though Brown dropped slightly a while back when Williams showed up smiling).

911450[/snapback]

Is there anyway to tell who has moved up or down or do you have to just know the rankings from the previous week to be able to tell. In past years there normally has been an arrow or something letting you know who has moved up or down. Also, is there going to be an explanation for why someone moved up or down? Because if you that would have been said about Brown in the rankings, I would have know he was moved down, I just wouldn't have known how far. Let me know DMD. I could just be looking in the wrong spot for those green and red arrows!

to the right of the rankings is a little link called "changes". I don't know but that might be a good link to click on. We use a little site called the huddle, have ya heard of it? :D

Edited by loaf

to the right of the rankings is a little link called "changes". I don't know but that might be a good link to click on. We use a little site called the huddle, have ya heard of it? :D

911747[/snapback]

Thanks loaf, smart ass...Ive been on the huddle 5 years now and I dont ever remember having to click changes. I do feel like a complete idiot now though! :D

Edited by Primetime9287