[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMD: Question about projected stats.............

Gopher

Not only how often, but also............

1) If a particular player's stock goes up or down, whether slightly or significantly, and his projections change, are the changes noted on the projections page? In other words, are they marked in bold, a different color, or anything?

Here is why I am wondering: I like to plug the projections into various Excel formulas, so that I can come up with rankings, based on Huddle projections, for each of my leagues (all of which have different scoring systems). If I do so, is there a way to tell which projections change from update to update without having to compare every player's numbers to what I originally put in the formula? Don't get me wrong, I'll do whatever I need to. Just wondering if there is an easier way to identify changes in projections. :D

in almost all cases, a rankings change will result in a projections change as well. But I would never want to order players via projections because there is so much that goes into a players draft value beyond the projected stats for one case scenario that is supposed to hold constant over an entire season. This is why my projections do not match the rankings, at least not after you leave the starters.

I wrote an article about it last year. Other than the starting QB, RB, 2 or 3 WR and a TE, projections are pretty much meaningless because you should be drafting to get a player that can rise above expectations into a starting role. I seriously considered only projecting 32 QBs, about 50 RBs, maybe 70 WR and about 24 TEs because after those the projections should not be why you would draft the player (at least not the only reason and probably not even the major reason).

So - I do not show on the projections which ones changes though in 99.99% of cases a rankings change has a corresponding change in projected numbers.