[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willis McGahee injury?

TheBadaBing

Well, I saw bits of the game and I saw when McGahee limped off the field in obvious pain. It looked like he was favoring his right leg. Now whether he stubbed a toe, or was suffering from cramps or whatever other minor injury you can think of, something clearly happened to him and it was the reason he limped to the sideline. I've been doing ALOT of digging but all I can get is the company line which is "McGahee was not hurt, he is fine." If you did not see the game, then I suppose it is something you can take at face value but for those of us who saw it...........we are going to have to get a MUCH better explanation before we believe that everything is indeed alright.

I will continue to look for info.

Ok here is what one of my contacts had to say (he was on the sideline when McGahee limped off):

"McGahee came off favoring his right leg. The Bills' trainer quickly attended to him and did a quick evaluation on the bench. The trainer then gave McGahee the OK to test it on the sideline. After McGahee did, the trainer spoke with the team physician and he gave McGahee the OK to return to the game. He went in for one more series and after coming out the trainer spoke with Mularkey and McGahee did not return to the game"

My contact isn't well versed in medical evaluation techniques and he said he wasn't sure what the trainer was testing McGahee for and since he doesn't have access to the locker room he has no idea what, if anything, was wrong. That was just what he saw from the sideline.

I have several guys trying to find out if McGahee received any kind of treatment after the game. That could clue us in.

Edited by Trainer_Phil

McGahee was assisted to the bench by a team trainer and was seen later walking the sideline flexing his right knee (he injured the left knee two years ago). But the Bills' medical staff checked him out and allowed him to return to the game for one more series.

Mularkey said McGahee is not hurt, adding that it was the coaches' decision to pull McGahee after only a few snaps."

From http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050815/1070179.asp

Bill RB Willis McGahee sat out Monday’s practice so he could rest his leg, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports. Head coach Mike Mularkey downplayed the significance of the injury, but that said, Mularkey has also adopted a policy this summer of being intentionally vague on all injuries involving his players — out of fear Buffalo's opponents can gain an edge if they know the details.

Full newspaper story is here:

http://SPAM.com/cf8ye

according to the huddle news-Willis McGahee - RB, Buffalo Bills

Bills Daily is reporting that McGahee returned to practice this morning

(Wednesday) and told WGR radio that he's 100 percent. He was held out

of practice the past two days but took part in all of Wednesday's

workouts and seemed to go full speed, showing no signs of trouble with his

leg.

close call