[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clemens and Damon

Balzac

Anyone else hearing the rumors that Clemens and Damon are 2 players that are about to be revealed as having tested positive for roids? I've heard this from 2 sources that have relatives inside ESPN in Bristol.

Anyone else hearing the rumors that Clemens and Damon are 2 players that are about to be revealed as having tested positive for roids?  I've heard this from 2 sources that have relatives inside ESPN in Bristol.

935661[/snapback]

As in this season, as in suspensions pending?

As in this season, as in suspensions pending?

935674[/snapback]

Yep. Apparently there is a pretty long list of names - these are just the only two that I've actually heard at this point. I'm hearing that the league is simply waiting for the suspension appeals to come back before they say anything.

I just got confirmation from a 3rd source inside ESPN.

Yep.  Apparently there is a pretty long list of names - these are just the only two that I've actually heard at this point.  I'm hearing that the league is simply waiting for the suspension appeals to come back before they say anything.

I just got confirmation from a 3rd source inside ESPN.

935686[/snapback]

You have a lot of ESPN sources, I'm jealous.

I hope it is not true... Baseball is tarnished enough with this crap! I hate the Red Socks and Damon... but Jesus on roids, that's just not right! Clemens would say good bye to another Cy Young...

935779[/snapback]

That would explain Clemens' dominance at age 43. Of course being a Maddux fan over the years, it has taken me some time to warm up to Clemens...and this was the year I was gettin' all hot and bothered!

I think they should just do an entire league sweep, get the names out, do suspensions or whatever, and get the game back on track. Nothing like being caught to make an honest man.

You have a lot of ESPN sources, I'm jealous.

935840[/snapback]

None of them are first hand, but a guy I work with did speak with Rob Neyer (apparently they know each other somehow) at ESPN who apparently confirmed that there's a big list of names of busted players that is about to be released. The other two sources come from friends of friends that have brothers working in Bristol - that's where I heard the actual naming of Clemens.

I wish I had first-hand inside sources at ESPN - would be pretty sweet.

Damon says no way...then again, didn't Palmeiro?

Damon: 'Roid rumor wrong

By Michael Silverman

Friday, August 19, 2005 - Updated: 08:04 AM EST

ANAHEIM, Calif. – Johnny Damon found himself in the awkward position of defending himself from a rumor that bigger names than Rafael Palmeiro are about to be announced as testing positive for steroids. Damon, Houston's Roger Clemens and an unnamed Yankee player were Topic A, at least in cyber-space, yesterday.

``No way,'' Damon said. ``If I tested something positive for anything, then someone threw something in the (sample). I think it's because of the way I'm built. I've had people thinking that since I was in high school.''

Damon believes reporters are trying to stir the pot.

``I think it starts with a rumor, a reporter somewhere wants to see if a player will crack,'' said Damon, who said he was tested both in spring training and some months ago. ``They'll say anything. They want to come after stars, they want to see how people react.''

Damon said being linked to the rumor mill is nothing new for him.

``I'm used to that stuff this year, with my personal life this year in Boston,'' he said.

GM Theo Epstein scoffed at the rumor. ``The reporting of this steroid issue has taken on witch-hunt proportions and I think it's wrong,'' he said. ``That's a pretty severe accusation to be throwing around, whether it came from an Internet chat room or a newspaper. I'd like to think some actual reporting is going on.''

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...articleid=98750