[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

News on McMichaels?

tonyr0802

I read there's speculation he may get some suspension for his leagal troubles, and that they could possibly affect him during September. Anyone know more details on this?

My leagues a 12 man with 12 roster spots- I can't afford to carry 2 TE's so I need to know that the one I have will be playing. I could pick up Jolley on the ww, but want to know this situation before I go making movements.

Nothing new since July that I could find:

• 29JUL05 Florida Sun Sentinel on Randy McMichael: Dolphins TE McMichael refused to comment Thursday on recent charges of simple battery and criminal trespass brought against him in connection with an alleged altercation with his wife, Cawanna, and he declined to say if he had a problem with alcohol or controlling his anger.

• 27JUL05 Miami Herald on Randy McMichael: The district attorney in Georgia where Dolphins TE McMichael was arrested earlier this month regarding a late-night incident with wife Cawanna said his office plans to pursue charges quickly in the case. However, Augusta District Attorney Danny Craig said he would entertain a continuance of the proceedings if McMichael's attorney requested one. Such a continuance might allow McMichael to avoid a possible fine and/or suspension from the NFL this season.

• 18JUL05 Palm Beach Post on Randy McMichael: The agent for Dolphins TE McMichael doesn't want people to judge his client until the legal system runs its course. McMichael's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, made his first public comments Sunday since McMichael was arrested and charged with misdemeanor simple battery and criminal trespass charges after an alleged altercation with his wife last weekend at a Waffle House near Augusta, Ga.

Latest News Jul. 27, 2005 - 10:13 am et

Randy McMichael's lawyers may ask for a continuance in his impending legal trial.

If the trial isn't delayed, it could start as early as September, which would seriously threaten McMichael's season. He also faces a likely league suspension.

Source: Miami Herald

This is from Rotoworld

He will get a 1 game suspension, at the most.

950891[/snapback]

Mike Doss' first offense resulted in a 2 game suspension. I can't see less than that, if found guilty or pleads to a lesser charge.

Edited by CaptainHook

Keep in mind that he dropped about 5 balls and fumbled in the Dolphins last game against the Steelers. However, the game was delayed an hour due to rain, so he could just have had butter fingers. Marty Booker dropped a bunch of passes too, and even Chris Chambers wasn't making adjustments that he normally would make, perhaps due to the slick field.