[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final Draft last night

MikesVikes

A few observations from the draft and pickem game...

We have several Packer fans in our leagues. There were several Packer players selected but not many of them are starting this week for them. When the money is on the line, Packer homers are not relying on their team to bail them out. They're starting Brees over Favre, not starting Ahman for other options, etc. All of this on the weekend that the Pack is playing the Lions. What a defensive juggernaut that is! The Detroit Lions. And we don't want to play against the likes of the Detroit Lions.

Also, I asked several of these fans (hardcore Packer fans) and the count is 0-5 for thinking the Pack will pull out a W this weekend. Folks, that's against the Detroit Lions. The same team that drafts wide receivers every year and doesn't worry about playing defense.

And for Viking fans in the league, not a single one could imagine drafting the likes of Marcus Robinson. Travis Taylor? Sure! Koren Robinson? Why not! Marcus? No Way!

A few observations from the draft and pickem game...

We have several Packer fans in our leagues.  There were several Packer players selected but not many of them are starting this week for them.  When the money is on the line, Packer homers are not relying on their team to bail them out.  They're starting Brees over Favre, not starting Ahman for other options, etc.  All of this on the weekend that the Pack is playing the Lions.  What a defensive juggernaut that is!  The Detroit Lions.  And we don't want to play against the likes of the Detroit Lions. 

Also, I asked several of these fans (hardcore Packer fans) and the count is 0-5 for thinking the Pack will pull out a W this weekend.  Folks, that's against the Detroit Lions.  The same team that drafts wide receivers every year and doesn't worry about playing defense.

And for Viking fans in the league, not a single one could imagine drafting the likes of Marcus Robinson.  Travis Taylor? Sure!  Koren Robinson?  Why not!  Marcus?  No Way!

975954[/snapback]

That is interesting. Most Packer fans I have encountered will tell you "Dem dere Packers gonna won it dis sunday. Dey got dat Brett and he all dey need!" :D

Just kidding. I got nothing but love for my brothers and sisters from across the St Croix.

Had my last draft last night, too. Packers players were taken later than usual but Favre, Ahman, Walker, and Driver will all be starting this week I am sure. On the home front, Daunte went 4th overall, Burleson went 3rd round, and Bennett and Moore both went in the 7th. Taylor went 11th round and MRob went in the 16th.