[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson news?

Wolv

TJ didn't exactly tear it up last week. Any Chi-town homers out there with a scoop this week?

988693[/snapback]

The Score has been saying that they are "slowly" going to bring Benson in. I guess he still has Offensive plays/blocks to learn and is not picking it up in practice.

I do think he will start this year, but not this weekend.

The Score has been saying that they are "slowly" going to bring Benson in.  I guess he still has Offensive plays/blocks to learn and is not picking it up in practice.

I do think he will start this year, but not this weekend.

988700[/snapback]

Yup...agree. Plus, he needs a ton of work on pass blocking. 3 carries last week, probably 7-10 carries this week, assuming no mid-game game-plan changes.

It's one of two things and most likely a combination of both.

1. He needs to prove that he knows the entire playbook, since they won't be doing an anemic offense any favors by putting him out there in only obvious situations. They are pretty convinced he's got the blocking schemes down, but he isn't fully versed yet in the system.

2. Lovie Smith is a stubborn man...he's giving the kid a lesson for holding out so long.

Not sure what to expect against Detroit, but a safe guess would be a minimal increase from the 3 carries he had against the Skins.

Something along the lines of a maximum of 8-10 carries would be my guess, but it could just as easily be the same 3, or even zero, for that matter.

They have the bye in Week 4, so I would expect to see him at a 50-60% load in Week 5. JMO.

2. Lovie Smith is a stubborn man...he's giving the kid a lesson for holding out so long.

988890[/snapback]

I fail to see what lesson Lovie thinks he's dishing out. As far as I'm aware, Benson is getting paid the same whether he's running or parking his a$$ on the pine.

I wish we'd taken the Caddy - got himself into camp right away, looked enthusiastic on Sunday, was ready for a full load and proved he can play. Benson did / has done none of those things.

They have the bye in Week 4, so I would expect to see him at a 50-60% load in Week 5. JMO.

988890[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I would expect.

Benson's probably a better runner than Jones, but I wouldn't expect him to put up 1,000 yds or 10 TDs this year. He's going to be facing eight- and nine-man fronts all season.