[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne might get a chance!

Grimm74

FROM THE HUDDLE:

Ron Dayne - RB, Denver Broncos 09/14/05

The Broncos' struggles to run the ball - especially in goal-line situations - could open the door for RB Ron Dayne to build on his solid preseason performance, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. Dayne was inactive for Denver's shellacking at the hands of the Dolphins on Sunday, a decision that coach Mike Shanahan may have regretted after RB Mike Anderson (ribs) left the game with five yards on four carries and backup RB Tatum Bell was stuffed four times near the goal line (4 carries, minus-2 yards). Dayne will dress for the team's home opener against San Diego and could get the ball in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

Huddle Up: Bell's 30-yard scamper notwithstanding, the Broncos running game was a disaster against Miami. Anderson's status for Sunday is unclear at this point, and Bell has probably seen his last goal-line carry for awhile. In the past six years, Shanahan has made surprise 1,000-yard RBs out of such previous unknowns as Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns and Anderson himself. So while more questions than answers currently exist with the Denver offense, it may be worth a shot for owners in need of RB help to stash Dayne on their rosters for a few weeks and wait to see how this all plays out. :D:D

Someone please explain. I have not watched the game yet, but all I have heard was that the O-line was awful. I heard there were no holes for Bell to run through and that there was nothing there for him to even create one. How would dayne improve this. I just do not get why everyone is so hard on Bell after such a crappy game played by all Broncos esp the line...I do have Bell and Anderson, but thank the lord I do not have to use them.

FROM THE HUDDLE:

Ron Dayne - RB, Denver Broncos  09/14/05 

The Broncos' struggles to run the ball - especially in goal-line situations - could open the door for RB Ron Dayne to build on his solid preseason performance, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. Dayne was inactive for Denver's shellacking at the hands of the Dolphins on Sunday, a decision that coach Mike Shanahan may have regretted after RB Mike Anderson (ribs) left the game with five yards on four carries and backup RB Tatum Bell was stuffed four times near the goal line (4 carries, minus-2 yards). Dayne will dress for the team's home opener against San Diego and could get the ball in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

Huddle Up: Bell's 30-yard scamper notwithstanding, the Broncos running game was a disaster against Miami. Anderson's status for Sunday is unclear at this point, and Bell has probably seen his last goal-line carry for awhile. In the past six years, Shanahan has made surprise 1,000-yard RBs out of such previous unknowns as Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns and Anderson himself. So while more questions than answers currently exist with the Denver offense, it may be worth a shot for owners in need of RB help to stash Dayne on their rosters for a few weeks and wait to see how this all plays out.  :D  :D

Someone please explain. I have not watched the game yet, but all I have heard was that the O-line was awful. I heard there were no holes for Bell to run through and that there was nothing there for him to even create one. How would dayne improve this. I just do not get why everyone is so hard on Bell after such a crappy game played by all Broncos esp the line...I do have Bell and Anderson, but thank the lord I do not have to use them.

989253[/snapback]

it took alot more than just one crappy game for them to put Bell on the shelf...he's had one opportunity after another to be the starter.....and dayne could start this week, but i expect Anderson to be the starter when healthy, regardless of what Dayne does...